relax

Author Topic: New Bagel Place by Ditmars Station  (Read 9532 times)

Offline BoredTemp

• Running for Mayor
Re: New Bagel Place by Ditmars Station
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2016, 08:14:07 AM »
I am absolutely not any sort of restaurant expert, just a consumer, but when I see the register and the bagels, I head right for them.  To stop and order half way back toward the door is odd.  Where you order, you can't see the bagels, so how do you know what the options are?

But that's just me and my weirdness. 

Again, lovely people and the 3 bagels I've had there have all been tasty. They are very generous with the cream cheese.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »
Are the bagels hot?  I saw a guy eating a bagel with cream cheese and the cream cheese wasn't melted.  I like my bagel hot fresh out of the oven

Offline wannabehippie

• Citizen
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »
Are the bagels hot?  I saw a guy eating a bagel with cream cheese and the cream cheese wasn't melted.  I like my bagel hot fresh out of the oven

I think it all depends on when you hit the place. They can't ALWAYS be hot.

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »
I went here for the first time last Friday.  Very nice experience.  The order location may be changed because the bagels, cashier, etc was all to the back of the shop.  The entire middle area is not yet in use.  I think there will eventually be a grill and hot food.  They had the most amazing looking homemade crumb cake.  I didn't buy it but it looked so good.  One variety had a raspberry jam incorporated under the thick layer of crumbs.  My whole grain bagel with lox spread was delicious.  Great lox spread (not phony smoke flavor but the real thing).  The bagel was also truly whole grain, with a lot of visible flecks of bran throughout.  Very nice people.  Fun, pleasant, and very interested in how I liked everything.  Great iced coffee too.  I'll be back.  They have limited seating so this is not a place for someone looking to sit for hours with a laptop.  To me, that's a good thing.

Offline Simplymei

• Citizen
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2016, 09:53:13 AM »
Greetings ~

Been there twice - early w/end afternoon and, on my way catch the train before 7:30 a.m.during the weekday.  Yes they are pleasant but they need to pick up speed, it wasn't even crowded both times.   Bagel/spread/coffee ~ no complaints here.

Personally, I am glad there's no wifi, otherwise the limited seating would be .. forgetaboutit  :tongue:   hope it's kept that way.

C'iao for now.   

Remember, be kind to our Planet Earth and all its habitats and creatures

Offline therebels

• Citizen
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2016, 09:45:35 AM »
I like my bagel hot fresh out of the oven

You're joking, right?

Offline wannabehippie

• Citizen
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 08:39:49 PM »
This place closed down this week. Very sad to see, but not unsurprising.  They had extremely long delays in opening up, had no real place for people to sit, and too much wasted counter space. Also they never advertised, or had a 'grand opening' to get people aware that they were open in the first place.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »
This place closed down this week. Very sad to see, but not unsurprising.  They had extremely long delays in opening up, had no real place for people to sit, and too much wasted counter space. Also they never advertised, or had a 'grand opening' to get people aware that they were open in the first place.

Wow!  That was quick.  I said right away that it was a mistake for them not to have a seating area.  People like to sit and relax drinking their coffee and eating their bagel.  I also heard the bagels weren't so great. Not as good as Astoria Bagels on 23rd Ave.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »
I meant to say they weren't as good as Astoria Bagels on Ditmars which has been here for as long as I've been living here and that's 23 years.  Ditmars Bagels just couldn't compare

Offline Simplymei

• Citizen
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2017, 11:46:55 AM »
I was there last Wednesday.  I did like their bagels and french vanilla coffee, the best!  I always found the service to be slow.  I did not care for the seating and lack of ... sad to see it go.  I was  :shocked:  to see it closed 3 days later.

Never tried the bagels down Ditmars (28th Str?), but have tried many times the Bagel House on 38th, bagels not bad.  Seating is good, but no wifi.

(Oh well perhaps the leasing price went up?)  C'iao for now ~

Offline JeffE93

• Activist
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »
It's a shame.  I liked these bagels, and every time i went in, the staff was friendly.   Business is tough enough, but these guys never seems to recover from the delays in opening.

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
It's a shame.  I liked these bagels, and every time i went in, the staff was friendly.   Business is tough enough, but these guys never seems to recover from the delays in opening.

I agree with you.  This saddens me.  I was in the habit of going every Friday morning.  The bagels and spreads were delicious.  The owner and staff were a pleasure to see and talk with.  I always got a stool along the window but I agree about the lack of seating.  A few times I sat near the unused cash register toward the front. I never understood the unused kitchen or grill area but I expected they'd keep moving forward.  I swear there was a Facebook post just days ago about having them cater a party.  It's too bad.  And to me, business seemed good.  A steady flow every time I was there.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life