relax

Linked Events

• Gay Wednesdays at Bungalow!: October 18, 2006

Author Topic: It's Weds! Get over the Hump at Bungalo!  (Read 10001 times)

flooz

In any case, I'm just glad Laura put on some baby weight so she can stop flashing her cleavicle (clavicle cleavage) in every episode.

:-o :-o :-o
i knew there had to be a name for it! i hate that stuff.... (tori spelling anyone?)

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
:-o :-o :-o
i knew there had to be a name for it! i hate that stuff.... (tori spelling anyone?)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :killme:
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

Offline mirki2

• Senator
    • mirichronicles
Schmennifer - I hope you're right.  I think she had a right to raise the issues, I just don't think she handled it properly.  Go to him first, and from the editing, they made her look so hostile to him.  I'd actually disliked Jeffrey until the next to the last episode and had been rooting for Laura, but their actions/reactions turned me around at this point. 

I was reading the project runway blogs right away after the last show....I had to know if there was even anything at all behind Laura's accusation...

so  Rumor has it that Jeffrey's Mom and Laura's Mom buddied up after the family member episode, that Jeffrey's Mom then told Laura's Mom that Tim had told Jeff to get cracking since he had so much work ahead of him when Tim had been to visit, that Laura's Mom then tol Laura, and last but not least that of course Laura put 2 and 2 together...

as for who I want to see win, I hope Uli wins. She really impressed me with how she made something that wasn't just the dress again and again :)
seek peace and pursue it.

RZ

Re: It's Weds! Get over the Hump at Bungalo!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »
I have to say- I have been to this event and it is awesome---the only thing missing are the Astorians!!  When Out Astoria started everyone was a-buzz about needing a bar night, so where are you guys!!

There are amazing drink specials and good music.  They are also open to suggestions- as they are all about us making this night our own....so bring your ass down tonight and if you cant then plan for it next weekend.

See you there!

Offline LHT

• Mayor
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 05:11:13 PM »
Just a heads up, FYI.  I went past it last night on the way to the dentist and the front area was all torn up with guys on ladders and power tools.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 10:43:42 AM »
What time do folks get there?  I was there last night for 20 minutes, but didn't see any gay people nor folks I knew, so I went home.

Offline JoePocky

• Activist
  • www.JoeSaidSo.com
    • JoeSaidSo.com
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
We actually had a great turnout!

It starts at 9 but hasnt really been picking up until 10ish. Good times. Hope to see everyone next week!

They're getting new postcards made up with Marcel the Bartender on em (yum!)
I believe I was a Japanese school girl in a past life.

zeran

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 08:18:25 AM »
Think I'll check it out tonight...
;)

Offline Candy Samples

• Citizen
  • I'm looking for a few good men...
    • Candy Samples Online
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 09:17:02 AM »
I'm sorry I missed y'all last night...I was rehearsing with Chic and Sassy until the wee hours of the morning.

Can't wait to see everyone, soon, though.

xoxo

CS
"I was the prettiest girl in town, when I wore the crown." --- Mary Jane Eastman, "Oil! The Musical!"

zeran

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 12:20:58 PM »
I missed this last Wednesday evening, but heard it was fun, and quite a bit crowded. Unexpectedly for a cold night. I'll be in New Orleans this week and will miss it too! Dammit.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »
We always hope that we'll get a good showing at Bungalo - they've been very supportive of Out Astoria, and DJ Rob is amazing.  We'll all be heading over this Wednesday after the dinner at Ploes, just a block away.

zeran

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 05:08:45 PM »
anyone going this week?
i'm thinking about it....

zeran

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 07:41:42 PM »
This place still on? I think I'm going to need  a drink tonight...  :wink:

????

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 09:05:42 AM »
I heard Marcel had left, but haven't been there in a while.  Let us know what you find out!

zeran

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »
HMPF!
Ok, I pased by last Wednesday, and basically, there was nobody there. Sad, because this is a nice place with a nice mood setting. Seems like Bungalo better get their s___ together and learn how to promote, or die like the other smalls clubs in Astoria did. You can pump all the specials you want, but if you're not drawing a crowd, you won't sell liquor;hence, you won't be a profitable establishment that folks enjoy. If your consistently inviting just your friends, then that's what will be there begging for another free drink, until you close down.....

Recall when it was Amnesia? or some of the other club closing like KRASH, and bars along Steinway?

WTF....

GET WITH IT!

Get the right DJ's, and promote!!! Where's Rob the DJ? what did you guys do to change it up, and just not draw people?

ughh, I'm so frustrated there no places left for us Astorians to really have fun, gay fun that is..

If you guys need help with you Wed night thingie, send me a note:
ErikAviance@aol.com, or my Mother, mother.juanAviance@verizon.net

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life