relax

Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 33670 times)

Offline deaghaidh

• Citizen
    • Deaghaidh Recipes
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2010, 01:05:38 PM »
Hello! Sarah and Ariana here.  Although we are not new to Astoria, we are new to the gay community.  We live in the Ditmars area and are looking for some LGBT community support. We have two dogs, Moose (a Frenchie) and Annie a (Wheaten) and we're always open to finding play dates for them. So if you're in the area with some happy, friendly dogs, let us know! The dog park is unfortunately a little too far away for us.  Nice to meet all of you. Looking forward to this forum.
S & A
 :-D

Hi Sarah and Ariana!  Welcome to Astoria. Glad to get more L in the LGBT here.  A great way to keep in contact is on this board.  Also if you want to get involved in Out Astoria, we'd love that... just email membership@outastoria.com and John Paul will make sure you're kept up to date on events in the area.  We're looking at trying to do some lesbian-specific events and would love input.

Offline deaghaidh

• Citizen
    • Deaghaidh Recipes
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2010, 01:07:36 PM »
:-)
Hi All.
I am Pastor Paul B Milholland, recently called as the Pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church, located at the corner of 31st Avenue and 37th Street.  I will be starting my new call there on Sunday, May 9.  I am truly looking forward to moving into the area, getting to know the wonderful people there and bringing the Good News of God's love to ALL people.  I have already found the people of Trinity to be very welcoming.  Our denomination, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, recently made some MAJOR decisions regarding human sexuality and especially homosexuality that make it easier for us to be welcoming to ALL people, regardless of sexual orientation.  This is a great thing, because for many of us - our understanding of the love that Jesus has for his children should not have restrictions put upon it.  For too long the LGBT community has felt ostracized from Christianity - and it is a sin for which the church must repent! 

As a student of Holy Scripture, I know that Jesus said many things about morality and the way disciples and the church are to act and behave.  Interestingly, he NEVER said ANYTHING about homosexuality!  Was he not aware of it? Did it not exist?  Or perhaps their understanding was different than ours.  At Trinity already, and certainly when I am there as pastor, we will be a WELCOME place for all people.  Come by and check us out.  Services are on Sundays at 10:30 a.m.  Easter Peace to you all.  Pastor Paul B Milholland

S

Hi Pastor Paul,  It was great to meet you at the wedding.  It's good to get some more LGBT support, especially on the Christian side of things.

Chap

Offline pastor paul

• Resident
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »
Hi there. If you are seeking a church home, check out Trinity Lutheran located at 31-18 37th Street in Long Island City/Astoria.  Very very welcoming place - I should know - I am gay and will be their pastor come May 9.  It truly IS  a welcome place and we  hope to make it even more so.  You will find many kindred spirits there - they love to have fun - and in October we ALWAYS have a blessing of the animals, which we will post info about later in the summer.  Services there are on Sundays at 10:30 a.m.

Blessings.
Pastor Paul B Milholland

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »
and we're very excited to have you starting at Trinity!

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life