relax

Author Topic: OUT Astoria: Brunch Series  (Read 1787 times)

Offline JoePocky

• Activist
  • www.JoeSaidSo.com
    • JoeSaidSo.com
OUT Astoria: Brunch Series
« on: October 05, 2006, 04:19:58 PM »
Discuss the OUT Astoria brunch series! Post reviews or make suggestions for future venues!
I believe I was a Japanese school girl in a past life.

Offline deaghaidh

• Citizen
    • Deaghaidh Recipes
Re: OUT Astoria: Brunch Series
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:00:18 PM »
I am curious what is going on with the Brunches.  I'm one of the coordinators for the Brunches, my partner being the other, and keep on learning about changes and cancellations without consultation.  Who is in charge of the Brunches, because it is obvious that Mike and are not anymore.  It would be nice of Out Astoria would play fair.

Offline JoePocky

• Activist
  • www.JoeSaidSo.com
    • JoeSaidSo.com
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
I don't think it's about anyone playing "fair". I think its just about organization and communication.
We are trying to create opportunities here, not destroy them. Lets try to remain positive and communicate with one another (though message boards are probably not the best place to talk business)

Thanks!
Joe
I believe I was a Japanese school girl in a past life.

Offline cabanird

• Senator
    • Handmade Items
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 08:55:11 AM »
would someone post when the next brunch is please? i have a friend who might be moving to astoria and would like to be more involved in the LGBT community....
"the sun will rise in Queens and I will Shine..." The Exit

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 12:19:03 PM »
I don't think any final decisions about the December brunch were made, but I know the general fear was that December is a month which is already packed with events and that we might only do a holiday party in December, not having a dinner or a brunch and resuming both in January.  Details on all the January events and the December Holiday Party will be posted in the not-too-distant future.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life