relax

Author Topic: Models, who wants to be one!  (Read 4400 times)

uzumaki

Models, who wants to be one!
« on: September 13, 2006, 03:37:47 PM »
I'm trying to build my portfolio and need models.  Any shape and size will do, but with any model, aesthetically pleasing proportion are necessary.  I'll include some samples of my photographs.  Wee?

uzumaki

Re: Models, who wants to be one!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 03:56:22 PM »
Pictures!

Self Portrait taken with a Fuji Finepix camera

Taken at Astoria Park.  Hellgate bridge makes a cameo.  Taken with a Nikon d50 outfit

Taken on the rooftop of my LIC apartment.  Nikon d50 outfit

Self Portrait taken with Nikon d50 outfit.

Hope you like.

uzumaki

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 04:11:35 PM »
To everyone who is replying via private messages, I can't send out any messages because I'm new to the board.  If you're interested, you can contact me at uzumaki.sen@gmail.com or reply directly to this post.

Models get digital prints and credit (for being the beautiful person they are).

Newtownian

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »
I like the second picture.. It's got that 70's film look.

Can you whisper how you did that? Photoshoppe?

uzumaki

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 04:32:11 PM »
I like the second picture.. It's got that 70's film look.

Can you whisper how you did that? Photoshoppe?

Only photo that I used photoshop in was the last photograph.  I had to get rid of some unslightly imperfections that mother nature thought fit.  Second to last picture is a direct flash with a delayed shutter (which helped created the spooky cloud effect -- thank you light pollution!).

Offline wasabisam

• Senator
  • Missing Astoria
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 04:48:44 PM »
Am tempted, but am just too damned self-conscious. If you can convince me I might give in, though.

Are you just taking pictures of individuals or are you also interested in taking pictures of couples or groups?
Chief Wiggum: Uh, no, you got the wrong number. This is 9-1... 2.
My vegan recipes blog

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 04:51:55 PM »
Are you interested in any non-human species?  :evil:
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! â€”Eleanor Roosevelt

flooz

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »
Any shape and size will do, but with any model, aesthetically pleasing proportion are necessary.

well i fall under "other" in the shape category... i'm down for some purty pics, it would be amazing if you could get some normal ones out of me too  :mrgreen:

ZiP!

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 05:04:34 PM »
email sent.  :-)

Offline Harlan

• Governor
  • Lemon Pistachios
    • Photos...
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 05:18:19 PM »
well i fall under "other" in the shape category... i'm down for some purty pics, it would be amazing if you could get some normal ones out of me too  :mrgreen:

Don't let her fool you. Flooz is exceedingly photogenic, for the record... see this and this, of mine...

flooz

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 06:03:50 PM »
silly harlan, i said...normal...  :lol: hahaha but thanks for the endorsement!

uzumaki

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 01:49:04 AM »
I'm basically doing "non-traditional" portrait types.  I'm also a makeshift makeup artist as well, so crazy makeup, rich colors, FALL TIME theme.  I want to do it at Astoria Park and near the grafitti rust fence of Socrates Sculpture park.  Dark chocolate colors and reds, oranges, pretty.  Grey skies = richer tones.

You getting me?

flooz

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 08:01:29 AM »
I'm basically doing "non-traditional" portrait types.  I'm also a makeshift makeup artist as well, so crazy makeup, rich colors, FALL TIME theme.  I want to do it at Astoria Park and near the grafitti rust fence of Socrates Sculpture park.  Dark chocolate colors and reds, oranges, pretty.  Grey skies = richer tones.

You getting me?

ooooooh my favorite! love it and love the "non-traditional" too  :-D
all my info is in my profile if you need it

Newtownian

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 10:12:40 AM »
Only photo that I used photoshop in was the last photograph.  I had to get rid of some unslightly imperfections that mother nature thought fit.  Second to last picture is a direct flash with a delayed shutter (which helped created the spooky cloud effect -- thank you light pollution!).

But what about the second one.. It's got such nice grain.. Totally looks like film! Love it..

uzumaki

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »
But what about the second one.. It's got such nice grain.. Totally looks like film! Love it..

With all photography, it took me twenty+ shots to get a dark enough picture and it came out looking like that when I transfered it onto my laptop.  I adjusted levels and contrast.  Very minimal stuff, makes it look more stunning.  The less a person uses photoshop, the better (regarding digital photography).

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life