relax

Author Topic: mets, 9/11  (Read 6065 times)

Handyman

Re: mets, 9/11
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 08:47:12 PM »
I hope a lot of people read this.....

unless I've suffered terrible head trauma in the past 5 years....  The Yankees played (and beat) the Mets in the world series in the year....

Would everyone here like to remind Rob what year the World Trade Center was attacked??

Please remove my "I'll be there" vote.     I need a good stiff drink.

I guess "Never Forget" just went out the effing window.

Offline lanseaux

• Governor
  • Mexico
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 08:57:01 PM »
I believe the "series [that] helped the city recover psychologically, or at least provided an escape" that rob was referring to was the 2001 World Series in which the Yankees lost in Game 7 to Arizona, not the 2000 Subway series, which the Yankees won.  See rob's first post (emphasis mine):

It's highly possible they can clinch a berth on 9/11, somewhat appropo considering they did a huge of amount of community service right after the attacks (they also wore those FDNY/PD/PA hats and made an almost miraculous run to the playoffs in Sept. 2001).  Speaking of that year, I have to thank the Yanks (which is hard for me to do being a "Yankee hater") for providing an exciting World Series that year even though they lost.  I know it's only baseball, but I think that series helped the city recover psychologically, or at least provided an escape.

Offline rob

• Activist
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »
I hope a lot of people read this.....

unless I've suffered terrible head trauma in the past 5 years....  The Yankees played (and beat) the Mets in the world series in the year....

Would everyone here like to remind Rob what year the World Trade Center was attacked??

Please remove my "I'll be there" vote.     I need a good stiff drink.

I guess "Never Forget" just went out the fricking window.

I'm talking about the 2001 world series, where the yankees played the arizona d-backs.  although they didn't win the series, they came back to win a few games and I remember alot of yankee fans were excited about the series (it was probably one of the best WS ever, IMHO)

handyman, you need to chill out.   of course I remember the attacks were in 2001.

Handyman

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 09:10:12 PM »
My bad...  I misread the original post.   Rob, my sincerest (however you spell it) aplogies.  The series I thought you were refering to was the Yank Met world series.

I am an idiot.    Thanks to lanseaux for pointing out my mistake.   

If there's enough people for softball... I'll gladly show up...  if you'll still have me.

Offline rob

• Activist
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 09:12:31 PM »
My bad...  I misread the original post.   Rob, my sincerest (however you spell it) aplogies.  The series I thought you were refering to was the Yank Met world series.

I am an idiot.    Thanks to lanseaux for pointing out my mistake.   

If there's enough people for softball... I'll gladly show up...  if you'll still have me.

no offense taken...honest mistake  :-)

Handyman

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 09:15:30 PM »
no offense taken...honest mistake  :-)

Thank you...   I get a little insane around this time of year.   No excuse tho.    If it comes down to us actually getting the game in, I'll gladly buy you a pint or two after.

Again, really, REALLY sorry.   

*smacks forehead*

Offline erpotown

• Mayor
  • Hello
Mets Magic Number and Tickets
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 09:58:25 AM »
The Mets' magic number to clinch their first NL East title since 1988 is down to 7. What better time than now to come cheer on our winning local team. Don't forget, I will be buying tickets tomorrow for the game on 9/23. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Date: Saturday, September 23, 2006
Time: 7:10pm
Game: Mets vs. Washington Nationals
Tickets: $11.50 ($9 + $2.50 fees)

Come cheer on our winning Mets!!

Offline rob

• Activist
Re: Mets Magic Number and Tickets
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 10:13:48 PM »

this is gonna have to be a game-day decision for me since I have a conflict that weekend; if I go I'll just buy tix that day...what section are these tix, upper deck reserved?  if so I can just meet up with you guys. 

also, fyi go to mets.com to register to get playoff tickets (they have a lottery) you need to do that by the 13th.....

-Rob

BigBryan

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 12:33:23 AM »
I'm down for a game. I'll pay ahead no problemo
BB

Offline Alison

• Senator
Re: Mets Magic Number and Tickets
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »
The Mets' magic number to clinch their first NL East title since 1988 is down to 7. What better time than now to come cheer on our winning local team. Don't forget, I will be buying tickets tomorrow for the game on 9/23. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Oh shoot, I'm a flake. I have plans in CT that night (even though I'm the one who was all, "yeah! We should go that Saturday night!" Doh! Oh well...haha...enjoy the game guys :)
What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Offline erpotown

• Mayor
  • Hello
9/23 game
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 05:34:06 PM »
To those of you who wanted tickets for the 9/23 game, they have now changed the game to be an afternoon game at 1:25pm instead of a night game. I wrote you all an individual email but thought I should post here as well. Please let me know by Thursday if you are still interested in coming to the afternoon game on 9/23. Thanks.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life