relax

Author Topic: More NYC (and beyond) Photography  (Read 2169 times)

Offline photomill

• Citizen
    • The Photomill
More NYC (and beyond) Photography
« on: August 30, 2006, 04:20:17 PM »
Well, I'm finally satisfied w/ a website design and backend for a solid photoblog so please, check it out when you have a chance...

http://www.thephotomill.com

If anyone is interested in trading links please let me know.  That's the one page that's still under construction.  Also, please feel free to leave comments on the site!

Cheers!

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
Re: More NYC (and beyond) Photography
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 04:25:13 PM »
Are these all your photos?  Really great stuff.
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

Offline photomill

• Citizen
    • The Photomill
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:28:09 PM »
yessir - all me own.  thanks!!  i'm about to hit the analog life again too.  bought some film and will be doing some camera repairs tonight.  kinda excited to start looking through a viewfinder again instead of a little tiny screen.

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:33:12 PM »
yessir - all me own.  thanks!!  i'm about to hit the analog life again too.  bought some film and will be doing some camera repairs tonight.  kinda excited to start looking through a viewfinder again instead of a little tiny screen.

Yeah, I really dig your stuff.  There's really a lot of "life" in your pictures.  Hmm, I'm having a brainfart for a decent adjective.  But it's really good stuff.  Do you find that you take different types of pictures with analog vs. digital?  As you have fewer shots available on a roll of film, does it make you more selective of what you actually snap?
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

flooz

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 04:35:48 PM »
There's really a lot of "life" in your pictures.  Hmm, I'm having a brainfart for a decent adjective.  But it's really good stuff.

....nipples!  :-o

Offline photomill

• Citizen
    • The Photomill
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 04:38:19 PM »
Yeah, I really dig your stuff.  There's really a lot of "life" in your pictures.  Hmm, I'm having a brainfart for a decent adjective.  But it's really good stuff.  Do you find that you take different types of pictures with analog vs. digital?  As you have fewer shots available on a roll of film, does it make you more selective of what you actually snap?

The analog stuff is much older - once I had the digital I pretty much entirely stopped with analog.  That's gonna change though.

....nipples!  :-o

Thanks flooz.  Dont' we all have them?  At least to some degree?   :-D

Newtownian

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 04:43:01 PM »
When you go back to film.. what type of film are you going to use? My favorite is probably Ilford FP4+. I actually recently bought some outdated bw400cn at Duane Reade for 1.67! and it was really nice.

Are you going to scan you're negs? If so, what are you going to use? 

Offline photomill

• Citizen
    • The Photomill
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 04:47:50 PM »
I'll probably scan the negs for web-ues w/ my mediocre-at-best Canoscan that has a transparency adapter.

As for film - I just bought a couple of rolls of Fuji Pro 160C as well as Kodak 160VC to see how the difference in saturation plays out.  As for B&W, depends on what I'm going for.  Ilford has some nice, smooth, full toned films these days  - probably the FP4 that you mention.  I've always been a fan of Kodak's T-Max films as well since I'm more comfortable developing them myself....not that I do that these days - but I still have some of my equipment - including an enlarger for 35mm.  Sold off the pair of Omega D's as well as a bunch of other things. 

I still have my Schneider lenses though.   They aren't going anywhere.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life