relax

Author Topic: Pilates studio with machines  (Read 3317 times)

Offline hillary10

• Activist
Pilates studio with machines
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »
I've been looking for a while for a real Pilates studio--not just the mat classes. Haven't found anything and would be grateful if anyone knew about one.

thanks,
hillary

Offline Rachel780

• Council Member
Re: Pilates studio with machines
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
The Astoria NYSC has a pilates class with machines... but I'd imagine that you have to be a member to take those classes, and they're extra for members anyway. The only pilates I've done in Astoria is the mat classes at the Yoga Room.

Offline MandaT

• Mayor
  • My ride.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:34:13 AM »
Can I jump on this thread and ask for reccommendations on pilates mat classes in general? There's a place at Broadway and Steinway I've been meaning to try but I'd be curious to hear about any other great places in the area...

Offline Rachel780

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »
Can I jump on this thread and ask for reccommendations on pilates mat classes in general? There's a place at Broadway and Steinway I've been meaning to try but I'd be curious to hear about any other great places in the area...

That's the Yoga Room. I've been to a few classes there, but I'm very new to pilates - I thought it was a good class but can't really say how it compares to any others. I do like their yoga classes though! They also have a studio in LIC.

Don't know of any others in the area...

Offline MandaT

• Mayor
  • My ride.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 12:53:01 PM »
Cool, thanks! They're very conveniently located so I'm going to try them out.

Offline mirki2

• Senator
    • mirichronicles
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »
That's the Yoga Room. I've been to a few classes there, but I'm very new to pilates - I thought it was a good class but can't really say how it compares to any others. I do like their yoga classes though

what are their prices?
seek peace and pursue it.

Offline Rachel780

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 02:14:41 PM »
what are their prices?

The yoga classes are $17, pilates are $12.  You can buy groups of classes that are cheaper. 

Here's their website: http://www.the-yoga-room.com/

Offline hillary10

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 05:43:48 PM »
thanks for the info on the gym. I keep hoping some instructor will have a Cadillac or Reformer in their apt in Astoria and give lessons, but that is yet to happen.

Offline jbdancer

• Tourist
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 02:53:35 PM »
Hi There,

I am a certified pilates instructor.  I have extensive experience and training in injury prevention, pre and post natal pilates, myofascial release, as well as yoga and strength/circuit training.  I've worked at several studios around the city. I've recently had a baby and decided to shift all of my work to Astoria, since I live in the neighborhood.  I teach privates sessions on the equipment in a space that's near the Broadway stop on the N/Q or the Steinway Stop on the R train.  If you are interested in private sessions, I'd love to speak with you and give you more information.

Warmly,

Josie Bray

Offline anzubird

• Mayor
  • the downside of commuting
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 07:15:54 PM »
I've done classes here. Gina is great and the space is really nice

http://www.27thstreetpilates.com

Offline rene0226

• Council Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 12:41:23 AM »
There's a new Pilates studio on 27th St. by 23rd Avenue.  I haven't tried it yet but it sounds nice and the prices are reasonable.  http://www.27thstreetpilates.com/
Truth is one, Paths are many

Offline kmammolito

• Tourist
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
Hi JBDancer,
I am interested in signing up for small group classes or even one on one...do you have a website, or information in regards to time, price, etc.

Thanks!
Kate

Offline caprica

• Tourist
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
Hi JBDancer. Your original post is a couple of years old. Are you still offering reformer sessions?

Offline gina

• Tourist
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »
Zend Avesta Pilates is a full service state of the art pilates studio located at 23-31 27th St, Astoria.  Private instruction is available utilizing all of the apparatus, the reformer, Cadillac, chair, and ladder barrel.  A variety of over 25 group classes per week combining the reformer, tower, and chair accommodating 4 to 8 participants are available for on line registration. Please visit our websites for further details. Check out our beautiful studios on our Facebook page via our zendavesta website. Free consultation and intro reformer classes are available. 10% off your 1st group class package of choice with mention of this thread.
www.zendavestapilates.com
www.astoriapilates.com
www.27thstreetpilates

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life