relax

Author Topic: Wanted: Studio apartment lease to start November 1st  (Read 3065 times)

livingthe4th

Wanted: Studio apartment lease to start November 1st
« on: August 10, 2006, 11:33:56 AM »
hello Astorians,
I am a 25 year old female looking for a studio apartment starting November 1st. My price range is between $800-950. I'm really interested in checking out the Ditmars side of Astoria, or possibly a bit below that. I currently live on the Upper West Side and will have been living in the city for 2 years come November. I have a great relationship with my current landlord and I'd describe myself as a quiet and respectful tenant, who pays rent every month. Anyway, if anyone can help me out or give me ideas (or even better, if you know of any good leads or actual apartments I can look at), then please reply and I'd be very happy to hear from you! Thank you!
CM

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
Re: Wanted: Studio apartment lease to start November 1st
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 11:41:02 AM »
hello Astorians,
I am a 25 year old female looking for a studio apartment starting November 1st. My price range is between $800-950. I'm really interested in checking out the Ditmars side of Astoria, or possibly a bit below that. I currently live on the Upper West Side and will have been living in the city for 2 years come November. I have a great relationship with my current landlord and I'd describe myself as a quiet and respectful tenant, who pays rent every month. Anyway, if anyone can help me out or give me ideas (or even better, if you know of any good leads or actual apartments I can look at), then please reply and I'd be very happy to hear from you! Thank you!
CM

You'll probably want to start looking in October.  The likelyhood of finding an apartment 3 months before the time you want to move is not likely.  But keep asking around.  Perhaps you'll find someone that is now planning on moving at that time, and you can arrange something.  But you'll have more luck if you wait until about a month before you plan on moving.  Moving can be stressful, and having to wait only a month before you plan on moving certainly adds to that, but it seems to be a New York reality.
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

Offline mirki2

• Senator
    • mirichronicles
Re: Wanted: Studio apartment lease to start November 1st
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:51:16 AM »
That depends. Somethimes with private home owners, someone knows someone and the apartment never goes on the market. That's how a friend of mine landed a one bedroom apartment on the 2nd floor of a 2 family house in the old Italian part Williamsburg three months before she actually moved in... her aunt knew the landlord.
maybe the same thing could happen in some of the 2 or 3 family homes up by the Ditmars area???
seek peace and pursue it.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life