relax

Author Topic: Astoria broker/apartment advice & info  (Read 135793 times)

dan_mcinerney

Astoria broker/apartment advice & info
« on: August 08, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

My apologies if this has been discussed all ready but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know any good realtors to find a place in Astoria, places you've had good experiences with or at least not bad ones? I all ready live here in our beloved neighborhood, but I need to find a new place.

Thanks!

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: Good Realtors To Find A Place In Astoria?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 04:14:40 PM »
Amorelli Realty up on 30th Avenue is good, Neon on Broadway is good as well.

dspaneas

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:10:26 AM »
Lisa Teahan at MQ Reality (offices on Broadway and Steinway)-real good! She was great help to me in finding my place.

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 08:49:39 AM »
There are a number of good realtors and advice discussed here:

http://astorians.com/index.php?topic=2527.0

dan_mcinerney

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 01:18:29 PM »
Great. Thanks everyone!

abopevents

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »
Aly Lizardo, above the Starbucks on Ditmars and 31st. www.alysrentals.com She helped me find a place (office) very quickly, has been doing Astoria real estate forever, and is really cool.

t

Offline rdc

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 01:41:43 PM »
I had a very good experience with ACME Realty on 30th Ave.

Timarimba

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 10:25:54 AM »
I would like to take this opportunity to say DON'T work with Liz from Metropolis Realty (on 23rd ave).  The other people in there are cool, but she's a swindler (trust me I know first hand).  I was getting into an argument with her about getting my deposit back (from an apartment where her brother was the landlord) and after I stormed off, one of the other employees there caught up with me down the street and told me they've seen her do that dozens of times and that I should take her to small claims court.. anyway, just beware of her. 

Tim

Offline goldfish boy

• Governor
  • These cookie-shaped objects taste like cookies!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 01:36:35 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity to say DON'T work with Liz from Metropolis Realty (on 23rd ave).  The other people in there are cool, but she's a swindler (trust me I know first hand).  I was getting into an argument with her about getting my deposit back (from an apartment where her brother was the landlord) and after I stormed off, one of the other employees there caught up with me down the street and told me they've seen her do that dozens of times and that I should take her to small claims court.. anyway, just beware of her. 

Tim

Whew--makes me glad I gave up on Liz because of her extreme disorganization and airheadedness.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

duluoz_cats

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 02:19:39 PM »
Whew--makes me glad I gave up on Liz because of her extreme disorganization and airheadedness.

Oooh! Me, too! The woman drove me nuts!! She took me to a million places, none of which met my requirements. :idiot: I thought it was just me!

I used Chantal Masrahi at Aamen Realty (718.726.4141), the office is right through the walkway at the Ditmars station. While not perfect, she was really nice, listened to what I wanted (and got it for me, too), and helped me fix a mistake on my lease right away.

Offline urrisgirl

• Senator
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 02:42:08 PM »
I really like Manny from Neon Realty. He was really nice and did not pressure me or show me places that were a waste of time. Neon used to be on Broadway- they are now on 31st Street near 30th ave.

I worked with Chantel at Aamen Realty years ago and did not like her at all. They were charging a month and a half commission when most of the other realtors were only charing one month and she showed me places that were completely out of my price range.

Offline SpecialK

• Running for Mayor
    • 35th And Kaufman
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 05:04:45 PM »
I used Remax at Steinway and 34th - nice folks, saw a couple things that were out of my price range, but I liked them overall and found the perfect apartment for me.

Offline urrisgirl

• Senator
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 11:17:04 AM »
Has anyone used Venus Realty in Astoria? What was your impression?
Thanks!

Offline MTW

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 11:49:31 AM »
I used Remax at Steinway and 34th - nice folks, saw a couple things that were out of my price range, but I liked them overall and found the perfect apartment for me.

I had a really good experience with Remax.  They found the apt. I have been in for over 2 years now.  Prior to using them, we went out with various realtors who were very pushy and acting like they were doing us a favor.

bennyt

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 12:00:10 PM »
I wholeheartedly recommend Kim at Halvatzis Realty (Ditmars, 28th/29th).  Several other people recommended her to us, and we had a great experience with her- we found an incredible apartment in our price range very quickly (exact opposite of our experience in the Manhannat real estate market).

bennyt

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life