relax

Author Topic: Was Fatty's, now Crescent Apothecary  (Read 6990 times)

Offline TBRays

• Campaigning for Council
Was Fatty's, now Crescent Apothecary
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »
I was passing by and noticed the former Fatty's has a new tenant and was wondering if anybody knows what this might be?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:02:44 AM by 28Grand »

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
Re: Crescent Apothecary
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »
It's going to be a pharmacy.  What a waste of space for that location!  I live right over there.  Let's see how many people go there when they could walk up to the CVS on 31st St.  Even though I will only have to walk half a block to get there I will not use this pharmacy. I'm sorry that Fatty's had to move because of this.

Offline TBRays

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »
Bummer  :sad: To be honest I thought it was going to be some type of bar

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 03:37:51 PM »
I knew the owner's of Fatty's and they told me the owner wanted them to move so a pharmacy could open there... oh well. I predict it won't last long.  Crescent Apothecary is also a strange name.

Offline TrueBlue

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »
The pharmacist's parents own the building, so I wouldn't expect the new tenant to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
It's not a strange name, it is just a little old fashioned. I think it sounds hipsterish, personally (I think because I've seen it used in places like DUMBO and the like). We've known it was going to be a pharmacy for some time - it was reported around the time Fatty's announced their move. I peeked in the other day and it looked like they still had to put up shelves and things. And yes, the son of the owner is a pharmacist and he wanted to open up his own place.

Offline Flutes of the Chi

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 06:13:24 PM »
I agree, Braun, terrible location.  Good luck to the hipsters.

It's going to be a pharmacy.  What a waste of space for that location!  I live right over there.  Let's see how many people go there when they could walk up to the CVS on 31st St.  Even though I will only have to walk half a block to get there I will not use this pharmacy. I'm sorry that Fatty's had to move because of this.

Offline johnny4evah!

• Senator
  • He was such a nice boy from Queens
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »
I like to eat out or have a drink at times, but it's nice nice that a business other than a bar, pizzeria, bagel shop, or cafe is opening. Perhaps it will be one of those pharmacies that serves egg creams. Who knows.

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »
Perhaps it will be one of those pharmacies that serves egg creams.

I think we'd have to time travel for that, but I like the nostalgic image.  And now I want an egg cream.  Where can we find Fox's U Bet around here?

Offline johnny4evah!

• Senator
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 02:07:22 PM »
Before Fatty's opened at that location nothing ever lasted there.  There was a restaurant before Fatty's and it didnt' last for long

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
you never know... there's Farmacy in Brooklyn and then there's

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hamill-new-greenwich-village-eatery-fountain-youth-article-1.1947097

or

http://fairoakspharmacy.net/aboutus/index.html

but I could be off the mark.

I love old time luncheonettes like this. I remember when I was growing up we had these and they served egg creams

Offline johnny4evah!

• Senator
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »
Braun, look at this:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/brooklyn-farmacy-and-soda-fountain-brooklyn

You will see thee most amazing photos of egg creams, sundaes, a lots of other goodies. I'm in that part of Brooklyn just about every week, but have always avoided that place because I'll be hooked for life and my waistline and arteries will never forgive me.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 08:40:07 AM »
Braun, look at this:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/brooklyn-farmacy-and-soda-fountain-brooklyn

You will see thee most amazing photos of egg creams, sundaes, a lots of other goodies. I'm in that part of Brooklyn just about every week, but have always avoided that place because I'll be hooked for life and my waistline and arteries will never forgive me.

That sundae looks delicious.  It's a good thing that place is in brooklyn :wink:

Offline StephanieL

• Running for Senate
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »
The sundaes and such really are good.  They also have drinks like egg creams, and a menu of basic American fare.  The last time we were there, a kid at a nearby table was served an enormous square of mac & cheese.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life