relax

Author Topic: Is this the homeless woman underneath the Ditmars Blvd. N/Q station?  (Read 2113 times)

Offline nsutaria

• Citizen
Is this the homeless woman who frequents the sidewalk underneath the Ditmars Blvd. N/Q train station? Just wondering....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/suspect-arrested-vandalism-brooklyn-9-11-memorial-article-1.1979084

Offline therebels

• Citizen
Re: Is this the homeless woman underneath the Ditmars Blvd. N/Q station?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
Umm that's a man.

Offline nsutaria

• Citizen
Re: Is this the homeless person underneath the Ditmars Blvd. N/Q station?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 08:46:41 AM »
Umm that's a man.

Yes, I know that now, but my first impression when I met this person was that they identified as female.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »
No that's not her.  That's a man.  The lady you are referring to is always drunk and starts a lot of trouble

Offline Simplymei

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
I know the woman you're speaking of who is a human being just like you and I.   In all my years living in that area, I've never seen her beg for money.  We don't know the stories of these unfortunate individuals.. but that's another subject.

Drunk?  perhaps, I don't know.  Starting trouble?  what was the reason for her starting trouble? have you witness it?  do you know why?

I happen to be in the same emergency room when she was brought in a few months back, watching her kept me entertained since I had been there for hours already.   Long story, short.  While waiting for results and still attached to the I.V., she (and I do know her name) eventually came and sat near me.  She asked me if I were alright, did i need anything, etc., she was very polite and   truth be told, not expected  :smiley: .  I chatted with her a bit and she intelligently spoke well and cautiously mentioned how she ended out in the streets.   While I haven't seen her lately in the neighborhood recently, I hope she doing alright. 

Just giving my side.

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 02:51:59 PM »
I know the woman you're speaking of who is a human being just like you and I.   In all my years living in that area, I've never seen her beg for money.  We don't know the stories of these unfortunate individuals.. but that's another subject.

Drunk?  perhaps, I don't know.  Starting trouble?  what was the reason for her starting trouble? have you witness it?  do you know why?

I happen to be in the same emergency room when she was brought in a few months back, watching her kept me entertained since I had been there for hours already.   Long story, short.  While waiting for results and still attached to the I.V., she (and I do know her name) eventually came and sat near me.  She asked me if I were alright, did i need anything, etc., she was very polite and   truth be told, not expected  :smiley: .  I chatted with her a bit and she intelligently spoke well and cautiously mentioned how she ended out in the streets.   While I haven't seen her lately in the neighborhood recently, I hope she doing alright. 

Just giving my side.

I have seen her and she was obviously drunk.  I have seen her yelling and fighting with other people.  I think the other people were drunk too.  Maybe she was sober when she was in the hospital and that's why she seemed ok to you.  When I see her I walk in the other direction and don't look her in the eye.  She's one of these unpredictable people and I believe she could be dangerous

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:37:08 PM »
At first glance the person in the photo does look like a woman.

Offline AstorianBoy

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 09:27:52 PM »
I think it actually looks like a man :)

Offline Yaxpac

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »

Just giving my side.

She begs for money pretty much every day.   You clearly saw her when sober so it makes sense that she was on her best behavior at that time.

I agree with Braun that she is typically visibly intoxicated (I have seen her drinking in the morning many times) and FREQUENTLY creates problems yelling and screaming while getting in the face of people that are trying to get to the subway.   I have seen the police involved when she struck a non-homeless person who confronted her. 

Yup, she is a human being just like all of us.   She is also menace. 

Offline braun

• Running for Governor
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »
She's an alcoholic and possibly mentally disturbed.  From what I've seen, she's dangerous.  I've seen her fighting with people right by the train station

Offline Yaxpac

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
she clearly needs help.   

Offline BoredTemp

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
Yes, I am willing to give most people the benefit of the doubt, but she is disturbed and possibly dangerous.  I saw her physically attack on of the delivery guys from the pizza place under the tracks a while back.  Called 911, but they weren't interested. 

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life