relax

Author Topic: What shows are you watching on television or netflix?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
What shows are you watching on television or netflix?
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:00:41 PM »
Looking for some good suggestions as my queue is getting low.

What have been your favorites over the last few years?

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
Re: What shows are you watching on television or netflix?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »
Have you tried Orphan Black?

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
Not yet.  Working through season 2 of Orange is the New Black now and am enjoying it.  I'm slowly working through Breaking Bad, and will be working to catch up with Scandal this weekend.

Offline Alison

• Senator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 02:07:18 PM »
It's a few years old, but we recently started Californication and are enjoying it. I like that it's a quick (25-30 minute) show. Sometimes I don't feel like watching tv for a full hour (of course, other days I'll marathon shows for the entire afternoon).

American Horror Story is also fan-freaking-tastic if you haven't seen that yet.
What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Offline Philo-Junius

• Mayor
  • Just the tip.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
Amazon Prime has opened me up to the old HBO shows that are amazing. Six Feet Under is a favorite for me, and I just started watching Oz.

On the lighter side, I have been watching Magnum PI on Netflix.

Otherwise, very excited that Brooklyn 99 just started up again, I think just last night, so should be on Hulu today or tomorrow....funniest new show I've seen in a while.
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Offline ladydi

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »
Six Feet Under was a great show. Stay with it - you'll love how it all winds up at the end of the series.

I watch way too much TV, but I enjoy it.

This is the final season for Boardwalk Empire on HBO - great acting and writing. I also love The Good Wife, Law & Order SVU and even Hawaii Five-0. Just watched the season premiere of it over the weekend on-demand and it was very good. With new shows, I've watched Madame Secretary and liked it so far.  We're also big PBS fans and are watching The Paradise on Sunday nights. And just waiting for Downton Abbey to return in January.[size=78%] [/size]

Offline Philo-Junius

• Mayor
  • Just the tip.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »
Six Feet Under had what was, to me, the greatest ending of a series of all time. I was bawling.
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Offline ladydi

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »
I agree  - I remember how moved I was by it. I still miss that show!

I  looked again at your post and saw you're watching OZ. That was an amazing show. Hard to watch at times,
but top-rate acting and story telling. Such great talent there.

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »

Season 2 of The Amerikans

:shocked:
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 07:22:52 PM »
Oz was intense, but awesome.  I'm am thinking of starting Boardwalk Empire.

Offline yippee1999

• Council Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »

Right now watching Nurse Jackie on Netflix (great writing and acting, but unfortunately they only offer in DVD form...not streaming).   And on Amazon.com I'm watching Enlightened with Laura Dern (excellent) and Broad City (good for chuckles....)

As for Boardwalk Empire, I watched maybe 2-3 shows and had to stop watching because the totally-obvious portrayal of naked women and pseudo-lesbian erotic sex scenes was pissing me off.  Mind you I have zero problem with sex or nudity but this show had so many scenes with naked women (and of course NO naked men!) and other scenes suggestive of lesbian sex, etc.  It was so blatant that they were falling back on this pathetic tactic to attract and keep viewers.  There was NO reason to show so many naked women in this show.  So I stopped watching. I WILL say however that whomever made up what's his name's suits...the main character...his suits and hats were a thing of beauty!!!

I saw someone else here mentioned Six Feet Under.  Amazing acting!!!  And indeed, the final episode will stay with you FOREVER!  I probably watched it six years ago and can still remember the feeling I had watching the final episode.  I'd say that final episode deserved its own Oscar's!  ;-)

I also very much liked The Walking Dead.  Mind you I"m no fan of zombies, and the first few episodes are EXTREMELY graphic.  But so long as you are prepared to cover your eyes and ears alot, the show DOES develop into something really great.  It has amazing writing and the overall premise of the story and 'how' these people came to be zombies is quite interesting...

And there's of course Breaking Bad.  Awesome!!!

House of Cards Season 1 was amazing....I was disappointed in Season 2.  It felt very predictable and unbelievable...

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life