relax

Author Topic: Dog Boarding  (Read 1214 times)

Offline swgolde

• Tourist
Dog Boarding
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »
Hey folks!

Moving up to Astoria come August, and I'll be towing a pooch along with me.  Weezer is a 5 year old corgi that, sadly, wasn't properly socialized as a puppy, so when I board him, I do so in a non-free boarding facility (i.e. he gets his own crate).

I'd love to hear some recommendations for places to board the beast, both for quality and price.  Thanks!

Offline geowrld

• Running for Mayor
Re: Dog Boarding
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »
Hey folks!

Moving up to Astoria come August, and I'll be towing a pooch along with me.  Weezer is a 5 year old corgi that, sadly, wasn't properly socialized as a puppy, so when I board him, I do so in a non-free boarding facility (i.e. he gets his own crate).

I'd love to hear some recommendations for places to board the beast, both for quality and price.  Thanks!

I use Ray from Tyril's Canine Academy.  Tyril is "the dog whisperer of Brooklyn".  They really helped me out with my dog with whom I was having power issues.  Ray boards - and he's a BIG believer in crating.  He also is a GREAT trainer and he could probably help with socializing your dog.  They both have a great reputation with difficult dogs and situations and they both have great "mojo".  http://tyrilfrithcanineacademy.com/ is the website.  Tell them Gabrielle and Franka sent you.   :azn: [size=78%]  [/size]

Offline PixieDust

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »
I've used Doggy Be Good in College Point for years. Here's the website --> http://www.doggybegood.net

Michael is a dog trainer and Ana is a dog groomer.  Each dog is kept separate, and each dog gets his own outdoor run.  The owners live on site.  I wouldn't board my dog anywhere else.

Offline geowrld

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:45:03 PM »
And, I forgot to mention Paul Belardo of Big Dog Services, Inc.  He does walking and sitting (at his place).  He's really good at socializing dogs.  My dog LOVES him (maybe even more than me!).  Check him out on facebook.  He also runs a store called Raw Food for Dogs in Glendale, Queens.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life