relax

Author Topic: Physical Therapist Recommendations  (Read 1083 times)

Offline hayleyree

• Mayor
Physical Therapist Recommendations
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:34:23 AM »
Hello All!

Hope that this finds everyone well and dealing with this crazy season as best as possible.
I know that it has been a while since I have posted, (an apt move, a health issue, and the beginnings of divorce procedure  :shocked: ) [size=78%]but I do still keep an eye on the site when I can. [/size]

[/size][size=78%]I am curious if any of you all have any physical therapist recommendations? [/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]And if anyone has experience with the physical therapy at University Orthopedics of New York (in the Artopolis plaza). [/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]My sports medicine guy is there and so might just stay close if possible....and who wouldn't want to pop downstairs for some cookies? [/size][size=78%]

[/size][size=78%]Thank you for any help in advance! [/size][size=78%]
 :smiley:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:38:46 PM by AJTNYC »

Offline geowrld

• Running for Mayor
Re: Physical Therapist Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »
I have only ever had one physical therapist - but I've "used" her for many different injuries (broken bones, plantar fascitis).  I have watched other people get PT from others (not her) and I was appalled.  I HIGHLY recommend Tamar Amitay of Thrive PT.  Her office is in the Cable Building on Houston and Broadway. 

She's very hands on - which is important - painful, but important.  Other PT's I've watched put on a heat or cold pack or maybe do a little stim or ultrasound.  Tamar is really into ergonomics and fascial release and whatever else you need. 

Susan is a PT who works at Thrive and she's very good, too.  My dad saw her after back surgery and she really helped him.

Offline motor8448

• Resident Visa
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »
Elite pt offices in bayside on northern blvd and astoria on 31st street south of 23rd ave. Had need of pt twice in past few years found them to be very good.

Offline hikaruhana

• Campaigning for Council
    • electric ladyland
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 12:21:05 AM »
Thanks to this board, I was put in touch with the Hospital for Special Surgery. Not local, a schlep in fact, but totally worth it. They were caring and supportive but put me through my paces as you should. After severely breaking my arm at the shoulder three years ago, with hard work and their excellent care I got full mobility back. Can't say enough good things about them. Good luck!

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life