relax

Author Topic: dentist recommendations in Astoria?  (Read 1705 times)

Offline round2

• Running for Mayor
dentist recommendations in Astoria?
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:04:36 PM »
It looks to me from a search that any dentist recommendation made on Astorians.com are several to many years old. Does anyone see a dentist that they like and would recommend? Have experience with other resources for finding a good dentist?

Much thanks!

Offline ladydi

• Mayor
Re: dentist recommendations in Astoria?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
My dentist is Dr. Michael Love on 33rd Street, between Broadway & 34th Ave. (closer to Broadway, just around the corner from Omonia Cafe)

I've been with Dr. Love for about 15 years. He does excellent work - I've had two crowns done by him as well as just
routine cleanings/maintenance during that time. He's also super nice and will work with you in cases where you don't have dental coverage or are on a tight budget. He does also accept many insurance plans.

He has the practice with his brother, who I've also seen a few times when I've had to switch appointments to a time when my dentist isn't in. His brother is just as good.

Office staff is also very nice. They have good hours - days, evenings and Saturdays which is very convenient.

Offline round2

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »
ladydi, thank you for posting your recommendation of Dr. Love. He was among those recommended in the threads from several years back. Long-time satisfied patients!

I am interested in other recommendations though, too, if anyone has any to post.

Much appreciated!

Offline geowrld

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
My husband, my sister, and her husband all go to the Dr.'s Love - as do I.

I like them - I see Michael, my sister sees Howard.  Both seem competent and personable.

Offline round2

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
I have to say that the Dr.'s Love do get a lot of love, in this thread, and beyond!

Anyone have any dentist recommendations in the Ditmars area?

Offline hikaruhana

• Campaigning for Council
    • electric ladyland
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 12:35:38 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have a Ditmars recommendation for you, but if that's not a dealbreaker then I highly recommend Dr. Takos. He is fantastic and so is his staff. I've referred several friends to him and they have all had excellent experiences there.

Offline ladydi

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:03 AM »
Whether you opt for Dr. Love or Dr. Takos, nothing in Astoria is that far away. If you're at Ditmars, Dr. Love's office is
a 5-minute ride away on the train.

Honestly, if i required every doctor and business I patronize to be in my area of Astoria (30th Avenue) I'd be
severely limited. My gym is at 35th Ave. & 37th St., dentist is at Broadway, all my other doctors are in Manhattan.
That's the great thing about Astoria - the location makes it easy to get to/from anywhere.

Offline emmadee

• Tourist
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 02:47:56 PM »
Dr. Thomas Niemczyk has been my dentist for years and is in the Ditmars area.  Wonderful manner, knows what he's doing, and goes out of his way for his patients.  He's on the corner of 31st and Ditmars on the side by TD Bank.  The office is upstairs. (718) 278-6266.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life