relax

Author Topic: Finding auto insurance in Astoria  (Read 1345 times)

Offline corybonham

• Tourist
Finding auto insurance in Astoria
« on: January 07, 2014, 11:41:32 AM »
Unfortunately I have to drive upstate now for my job, which means I need a car and auto insurance

I've been out of the market for auto insurance since high school, so can anybody point me in the direction of who to use?

thanks!

Offline King of Long Island City

• Council Member
Re: Finding auto insurance in Astoria
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »
When I searched for auto insurance ~5 years ago, I found Geico to be significantly more affordable than any other carrier. Thankfully, I haven't made any claims so I can't speak to their service in that regard.

Offline corybonham

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
thanks LIC king

I had bad luck with GEICO back when I lived in Cali (but then again, I was 17 years old then and a first time driver)

now that i'm an old lady (26 years old), i might be able to get something cheaper???

Offline corybonham

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:42:22 PM »
UPDATE

does anyone know anything about http://www.newyorkmotorinsurance.com ?

i just filled out their form online and an agent immediately called me and gave me a $45/month quote.  this was cheaper than anything I ever expected, but are they legit??

Offline KTanner721

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:21:47 AM »
Hi,

I just went through this process and ended up going with State Farm.  Their prices were significantly lower than Geico and others and for solid coverage.  I recommend doing the online quote and saving it, then calling them after also speaking to Geico or Progressive - they will undercut the lowest price when you speak via phone so good to have gone through the legwork a little. 
All best!

Offline ATB24

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:52:20 PM »
I doubt State Farm is cheaper, I shopped around a lot when I was younger and even now that I'm older and Geico/Progressive have been the cheapest by far.

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »
No matter which one you go with, don't skimp on the coverage. Saving money in the short term won't help when they come after YOU for the money for medical expenses when your coverage is a pitiful amount.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life