relax

Author Topic: People complaining about not having heat!!  (Read 1971 times)

Offline thanos27

• Senator
People complaining about not having heat!!
« on: October 23, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »
Im hearing alot of people complaining about no heat in their apts tonight. I know temps dipped tonight but some of those people want to be in shorts and tanktops in their apts ,meanwhile they are complaining. This makes no sense to me . If you are cold from now bundle up

Offline essen

• Running for Governor
Re: People complaining about not having heat!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »
?? I can't tell if this is serious or not. No heat means no heat, i.e. pretty damn cold. You try getting up in the morning to take a shower in an apartment with no heat in this weather. That's why there are laws about this.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »
Essen I guess you didnt understand what I wrote /     Some people that ive heard complaining , are complaining while in tank tops and shorts .  Does that make sense ?   If you are cold , you should wear the proper clothing even if indoors . Sweats , socks , fuzzy slippers whatever .   And the law states , the heat after 10pm has to be at 55 degrees .  That goes till 6am .   Yea 55 degrees is cold and my heat would never even turn on since my place even with the heat off , never drops that low . Thats why its written like that , cuz everyone is expected to dress warmer when it gets cold . You cant just lay around like its summer and expect the landlord to pump the heat and money out the window

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »
ODENHAL must agree with Thanos , ODENHAL has 2 building that he must take care of 1 is a commercial building ,but the other is a mixed use with apartment tenants that would call up complaing about the heat . ODENHAL would knock on the door and these tenants would answer in shorts and t-shirts and  still have air conditoners in the windows. It's like "come on"

you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 02:41:04 PM »
I have one friend who has an AC still in the window and when the sun hits just right u can see light coming in from all the cracks , so you know air is pouring  in all night . He also complains and wears shorts this time .

Offline essen

• Running for Governor
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 05:14:03 PM »
Essen I guess you didnt understand what I wrote

No, I understood what you wrote, which is that some of the tenants were complaining about there being no heat, and that some of them want to dress in shorts and tank tops. Obviously it's unreasonable to want it be hot enough inside to wear shorts and tank tops in cold weather. I was referring to the people who aren't part of that tank top/shorts "some," who might have reasonable complaints that it is actually quite cold in their apartments because the heat hasn't come on at all yet.

I've lived in more than one apartment where it seems to have to get very cold outside before the heat actually starts working, and the days/weeks of in-between weather like this gets pretty unbearable in places like that. I've also lived in places where the heat blasts so hot and continuously in the winter that I have to keep the windows open with fans blowing freezing air in. That is also not desirable.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
Well like I said unless it drops to under 40 degrees  at night landlords rnt required to provide heat .caulking  windows , sealing cracks, plugging up gaps under doors makes a huge difference . I know people will still complain so space heaters r sometimes needed. Many places now have individual boilers where tenants control and pay for the heat they use. All the apts I rent are like that .

Offline Dain Bramage

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 11:04:42 PM »
i have tenants that call up at 9:00 (or later) at night and say that there was no heat ALL DAY.

The time to call is when you're cold, not when you've BEEN cold ALL DAY.   

"We thought the heat would come on at night, when it got colder"

I can fix the heat, but I can't fix stupid.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life