relax

Author Topic: Affordable infant day care  (Read 1935 times)

Offline henna

• Tourist
Affordable infant day care
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:33:04 AM »
The first word is key - we are looking for a day care for my 7 month old that isn't close to 500 a week (like blue bird or a learning oddessy).  Both of those places looked great but we just can't afford it.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Offline 10tonvinyl

• Tourist
Re: Affordable infant day care
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
also looking - did you find anything?

Offline IM

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 05:54:39 PM »
Has anyone found anything?

Offline 10tonvinyl

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »
Hopefully OP will respond

Offline henna

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:47:55 PM »
So funny, I just happened to be checking this site today after a few months.  Yes, we found a day care that we love!!!  Its Tons of Fun daycare on 36th street.  It is about the price that I didn't want to pay, but worth every penny.  Honestly after looking at nearly every day care in the area this was the one where we felt the most comfortable and I could not be happier with our choice. 

What I like - the owner, Sherry, is very reachable, she will be in touch with you all day if you need it.  She knows the first few days are harder on the parents, and she will guide you through the transition.  Her and the workers truly love the children as their own.  My son comes home happy, tired from playing all day, clean, well fed.  The day care center is clean and safe, the hours are flexible.

If anyone has any questions please PM me.  I would be more than happy to tell you more about my experience but I don't want to post my personal email in a public forum. 
[size=78%] [/size]

Offline henna

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
Just wanted to add one more thing, as someone who spent a lot of time look at daycares - before choosing a day care you should definitely check it out on the NYS OCFS services website, see if there are any recent violations, etc.  I found some very surprising info about daycares in the area.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life