relax

Author Topic: Best Fruit tart cake?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline demifess

• Citizen
    • Synaptic Allure
Best Fruit tart cake?
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »
Hey guys! I have a coworker who's birthday is coming up. I'm in charge of getting a cake for her. She always eats really healthy food, she'll snack on carrots and tomatoes and fruit but I haven't seen her eat anything unhealthy. I was wondering what kind of cake to get her and thought a fruit tart might be good. Do you guys know any good places to get a fruit tart or other equally healthy cake type product in Astoria? Thanks in advance!

Offline johnny4evah!

• Senator
  • He was such a nice boy from Queens
Re: Best Fruit tart cake?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:47:56 AM »
Ha Ha healthy cake like product! That's funny, all cakes are healthy. Eggs, milk, butter (hopefully not crisco), are very nutritious. LaGuli has wonderful fruit tarts. They're delicious as well as beautiful to look at---if they're fresh. I don't know what is the best day to shop there for pastry-maybe the end of the week or weekend- and I don't know how to check the freshness without plucking off a piece of fruit or sticking your finger into the filling and tasting it.

Maybe your carrot eating friend would enjoy a carrot cake? I had a slice of Stew Leonard's pumpkin pie with light whipped cream yesterday and it was deevine! Didn't seem heavy at all, but I guess most people prefer it around Thanksgiving.

Offline FoxyWiles

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
Martha's. But fruit tarts aren't healthy. The crust is mostly butter and it is glazed with simple syrup. Does she eat carbs?

Offline johnny4evah!

• Senator
  • He was such a nice boy from Queens
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »
You're right Foxywiles no cakes are healthy- not even fruit tarts, but I think she'll probably be thrilled with a big beautiful birthday fruit tart/cake from her coworkers. She isn't allergic to cake is she?

Offline King of Long Island City

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
Astor Bake Shop is pretty awesome, too. It won't be cheap, but it will be delicious.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life