relax

Author Topic: dungeons & dragons  (Read 1893 times)

Offline erskine

• Tourist
dungeons & dragons
« on: June 28, 2013, 11:55:45 AM »
hi all, I was wondering whether there was a nice quiet place in the neighborhood that does D&D, like a comic shop or something to that effect.

Offline DitMartian

• Tourist
Re: dungeons & dragons
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »
I know of at least one comic book store, but it doesn't look big enough to host games.

If you're looking to play, I might be interested in a neighborhood game.  When we can get everyone together, I've been playing with friends via Google Hangouts.  It's good, but I do miss the same-table interaction.

Offline erskine

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »
I think that's a great idea. I work a pretty conventional 9-6 Monday-Friday, but have not real recurring obligations outside of that. I would love to get something set up -- I've been trying to get my wife to give it a go for a while now!

Offline DitMartian

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
I saw this and thought you might be interested.  The new bookstore in Astoria, Enigma, plans to host regular gaming sessions.  While I like gaming at home just fine, I could do with a change of scenery now and then.

http://weheartastoria.com/2013/07/we-heart-astoria-gets-to-know-enigma-bookstore/

P.S., I'm still interested in finding other players in the neighborhood.

Offline Mer

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »
I saw this and thought you might be interested.  The new bookstore in Astoria, Enigma, plans to host regular gaming sessions.  While I like gaming at home just fine, I could do with a change of scenery now and then.

http://weheartastoria.com/2013/07/we-heart-astoria-gets-to-know-enigma-bookstore/

P.S., I'm still interested in finding other players in the neighborhood.

I'm super excited for this bookstore.  I stopped in on Sunday and had a great conversation with one of the co-owners, Claire.  Along with D&D they are open for hosting a bunch of gaming.  I recommended other popular hosting games like Settlers of Catan, Magic and Yo-Gi-Oh.   Anyway, they've got a bunch of nifty ideas for the store and planning a whole gamut of hosting events/games.

Offline Davidwes

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
I am very interested in joining a game. I've played once or twice in high school but would be a total novice.

Offline DitMartian

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
Davidwes, if erskine is still interested, maybe we have almost enough people to start something.  D&D adventures work best with groups of at least four players, but I've run games with fewer.

Any preferences on edition?

Offline Davidwes

• Tourist
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:42:38 PM »
I played one night in like 1995, and thats it, so I have no clue about editions! I just am interested in playing.

I'll send you a PM as well.

Offline Kestrel

• Tourist
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »
I just moved to Astoria and would love to play with a local gaming group. Did you ever manage to put something together?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life