relax

Author Topic: Soccer fan clubs  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Thor

• Tourist
Soccer fan clubs
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »
Are there any soccer/football fan clubs in Astoria?  Maybe any bars that are soccer bars where a group of people get together every weekend to watch the English Premier League or MLS or any other league matches?

If not is there a way to start one?

Offline see_dub

• Resident
Re: Soccer fan clubs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
I would get behind this too. Any bars/pubs willing to open early on Saturdays and Sundays and show all EPL games?  It's a niche market but the demand is growing.

Offline Thor

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:31 PM »
I am totally down for this.  In a side note, I am looking to start an American Outlaws chapter in Astoria.  I was looking to ask Olde Prague if they wanted to participate.  I know they air soccer games already.  Maybe we can get them to offer drink specials.  It will start off as "unofficial" until we get enough members affiliated with the location.  At that point it can become official.

Also, I know they are open early because they sell coffee in the mornings.  They should be available to accommodate people if we wanted to watch the EPL games.

I think there is a growing market for this especially with all of the diverse cultures that reside within Astoria/LIC.  This should be a slam dunk.

Direct Message me if you would like to discuss this offline. 

Offline Thor

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »
Update:  I have secured Olde Prague Tavern on 31st Street and 30th Ave as the participating bar.  They air EPL, Champions League, US World Cup Qualifying and will be airing World Cup matches.

Come down and help support US Men's and Women's teams!

Next Men's Qualifying matches are Fri, Oct 11th and Tues, Oct 15.

Offline ecko712

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 08:28:51 PM »
Irish Rover on 28th Ave. also shows EPL games. Prague tavern works just as well. I'd be in for the "official" or "unofficial" US nat'l team supporters group. I'll check back here for any updates or email me if you can

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life