relax

Author Topic: Recommendations for getting a bridesmaid's dress made to order?  (Read 1646 times)

Offline hikaruhana

• Campaigning for Council
    • electric ladyland
Hello all,

Posting in Random Gabble since it's not Astoria-specific, but: there's a wedding in my family on June 1 and, as part of the wedding party, I need to get myself a fancy dress. The color will be deep purple. Friends who've already gone out shopping have said it's been hard to find something in that hue this time of year. So I was thinking: has anyone found a cost-effective way to get a dress made to order from a tailor? If so, do let me know. I'm thinking that's the way I might want to go on this particular occasion.

Thanks!

Offline gargo

• Activist
Re: Recommendations for getting a bridesmaid's dress made to order?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »
If you can't find a dressmaker or tailor try J.Crew (wedding) you can shop by color/style they may have something that will work.

Offline essen

• Running for Governor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »
I got a hard-to-find (navy blue and floor-length) kind of bridesmaid dress at J. Crew last summer, and it was a good/fast/easy experience though not cheap. They have these purple-related dresses at the moment. They have one store in the city that has a wedding department, and you can schedule an appointment to try on what they have.

Offline Mer

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 05:49:07 PM »
My sister wore, as my matron of honor, a deep purple dress for my wedding.  She got it online in Nordstorm's wedding shop.  You may want to look there.

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »
Try David's Bridal
http://www.davidsbridal.com/HomeView

Their nearest store is in Plaza 48, off Northern Blvd.  A couple of bus lines go there.

Offline StephanieL

• Running for Senate
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
They also have a location in Manhattan, on 6th Avenue around 25th Street. I got my bridesmaid's dress for my sister's wedding there.  However, I would not trust them with alterations--use the great tailor on 36th Street just off 31st Avenue for those.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life