relax

Author Topic: motorcycles out of control  (Read 5432 times)

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: motorcycles out of control
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 12:10:47 AM »
Newbie - what complaints about the motorcycles did you find valid, and which did you find to be less so?  Just curious.

Offline okkichan

• Mayor
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 06:56:34 AM »
But I understand it must be annoying if you live by the park.  Just call the police to come break them up if it's really so bad...  But even then, I'm sure they'll be back the next night.

exactly. i complain about it here and around the house, but really i just live with it. i don't think calling the cops is going to do anything but waste time. i feel it's part of the deal of living with 8 million other people. if it really made me crazy, i'd move.  :-)

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 02:29:37 PM »
Newbie - what complaints about the motorcycles did you find valid, and which did you find to be less so?  Just curious.

Well, it was more the suggestions on dealing with motorcyclists and the general attitude toward them that I found to be disturbing.. 

I think people should cool down just a little bit.  The park is probably the best place for these guys to meet up, so you can't really loathe them just for that.  It's a relaxed area with limited traffic, not to mention the great view.  That said, dangerous/disrupting exhibitionist behavior is still not acceptable.

And not every guy with a nice bike is a "pathetic loser" who lives with his parents.  They are just spending their money on what they find to be fun.  There's no comparison to the sense of freedom, not to mention the rush, from riding a motorcycle.  It's a recreational activity, and for some it's even a primary means of transportation.  So like I said, don't hate on motorcyclists in general--just the annoying ones as you would any other annoying person.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 02:34:38 PM »
I'd agree that there are many responsible motorcyclists and the park, further away from people's houses, is a good place for them.  I just wish they wouldn't make so much noise with the straight-pipes and set off all the car alarms.  It takes time to get back to sleep after the irresponsible ones zoom up 33rd Street.

Handyman

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2006, 07:03:03 AM »
Well, it was more the suggestions on dealing with motorcyclists and the general attitude toward them that I found to be disturbing.. 

Wow!  I have nothing against motorcycle enthusiasts, or even "bikers"... in fact, I don't even live close enough to the park for the noise to bother me that much.   The real disturbing thing is that you couldn't tell that those suggestions, however extreme, were meant to be anything other than humorous.   

And for the record, I'd impliment those obviously unserious suggestions on not just purposely noisy, obnoxious, look-at-me! bikers, but also the guys with the sound systems that can vibrate my rear-view mirror from four cars away, any incosiderate driver at all, and especially that a-hole with the red vette convertable that parks on the strip most days.   

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2006, 09:45:09 AM »
or any of those darn kids on the motored scooters that look like skateboards with handlebars.  Those suckers are real loud too.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life