relax

Author Topic: Subway Etiquette  (Read 88119 times)

Offline Mer

• Mayor
Re: Subway Etiquette
« Reply #765 on: September 11, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »
Maybe they bring the bikes into the train cars because the route they need to use is not good for bikes so that's why the train is a better option.
But they want to use the bikes sometime during the day? I find it annoying a little bit but what can I do? It's none of my business. Now if the bike is blocking an empty seat I want to sit in, then I might politely ask the owner of the bike to move it out of my way so I can sit.

There are things I see on these subways that irk me serious. Like when people put their stuff on an empty seat and won't move it for someone to sit. I just move their junk myself! That's all. They can have a hissy fit all they want. Seats are for sitting.Floor is for stuff. This isn't the "Aristocrat's Royal Train of the Duke of Cambridge" where pretentious folk can put their stuff on the seats while the other people have to stand. Oh no, no.

Then you got the cross legged person in a tight train whose bottom shoe sole is rubbing up against your pant leg. I speak up too. I don't need a shoeprint on my clothes.  Stuff like that.

The (most of the time) cross legged women who make me stand a foot further from the poll I need to grab onto is (in my opinion) as bad as the dudes who sit with their legs way the hell apart.  I almost always get those cross legged people to uncross their legs by crowding in on them. Ugh!  So annoying.  Also, because i'm in a ranty mood.  Do you personal grooming at home, for god's sake! 

Offline Capriole1735

• Resident Visa
« Reply #766 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:53 AM »
yea so true. it's funny but oh so annoying. you can't take it too seriously either. some people don't know better. :)

Offline sassyjass

• Resident
    • JazzSaints blog
« Reply #767 on: September 12, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »
I also hate when people put their feet up on seats and leave dirt from their shoes on them afterwards.  Then it further bugs me when people come in with a brood of kids taking up seats, particularly during rush hour, and you know darn well they let each one go under the turnstile.  (In the 1960s, there actually was a sign on the trains that said "little enough to ride for free, little enough to ride your knee.")

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #768 on: October 26, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »
What is the best policy if someone has a HUGE bag on and keeps turning around hitting you with it?  Do you say something?

Offline Philo-Junius

• Mayor
  • Just the tip.
« Reply #769 on: October 27, 2013, 07:41:25 AM »
I push the bag until it's no longer in my way and maybe say excuse me. If it happens again I would push the bag away and if they guy doesn't like the dirty look I am giving him at the point I would point to him and say "Control your **it."
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #770 on: October 27, 2013, 09:14:16 AM »
How do they react?  I often say excuse me and stare at their bag, but I'm never certain how direct one should be in this sort of situation.

Offline Philo-Junius

• Mayor
  • Just the tip.
« Reply #771 on: October 27, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »
Depends on if you are physically imposing enough to make people know you're serious and also willing to back it up if need be. I am. Not to sound like someone that goes out looking for trouble, but I will always stand up for myself, even if it means that I'll ultimately lose a fight.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:42:12 PM by Philo-Junius »
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life