relax

Author Topic: roller hockey in astoria queens ( hoyt park )  (Read 5219 times)

Offline brooklyn/queensconnection

• Tourist
roller hockey in astoria queens ( hoyt park )
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:44:15 AM »
hey fellow hockey fans and players if your as pissed as i am about the NHL lockout and really wanna play roller hockey you should come join us at hoyt park in Astoria queens under the N train station across from Neptune dinner and near the basketball and handball courts. me and my friends have been playing on that flat area for a few years we just started playing again and are looking for other players who would like to join. we play for fun and have a goalie with equipment and are working on a goalie net as we speak. we usually try to get 3 on 3's going when we have enough people. we play on Sundays and usually get there from around 1pm to 2 pm and play the afternoon. we have some people who play on skates and some on feet but its always a great game. again we play for fun and if your interested come on thru you'll see us in the benches across from the basketball courts. bring your skates and stick and maybe we can get some good games going. if u need any info email me at sofaisking88@gmail.com or just respond back to this post and i will get back to ya hope to see some of u on Sunday.

frm: ray

Offline thanos27

• Senator
Re: roller hockey in astoria queens ( hoyt park )
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
I drove by this sunday  but i had stuff to do so i couldnt stop . I saw a couple of guys .  How many guys did you end up getting ?   Any goalies ?     How late do u guys stay to play ?       So you guys dont play any other days , its only Sunday ?

Offline Jlouis0333

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
I just moved to Astoria , I have full goalie equipment haven't played in a while but want to get back into it. I'll be on LI this weekend and am going to pick up my gear . 631-804-3268 my name is joe send me a text or call I'm down to play every weekend

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »
Joe where in Astoria do you live ?   Do you know hoyt park by neptune diner ?   Pass by .

Offline Jlouis0333

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »
Broadway and Steinway , I know which park your talking about . As long as I know people are playing I ll get my gear this weekend. I saw some guys a few weeks ago playing at 28th but it looks like they are doing work or tearing down that rink.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:44:23 PM »
I used to play at 28st street rink , which was a really nice place to play a while back .  They had league games with refs  and alot of people showed up for pickup games . Then all of a sudden everyone stopped and the volleyballers took over . What a shame !   They built a nice place and all for nothing . Now hoodrats are tagging up on the place and ruining it . I saw two girls walking a huge pitbull and the dog dumped right in the middle of the face off circle and they just left it there .  I pass by sometimes to see if anyone ever plays but to no avail . WTF happened to everyone >?

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »
yea we usualy play on sundays i work during the week and i know the other guys are usually busy . we have a goalie and he had all hs padding and s___ on , we usually will play for awhile until people get tired were working on making a net and setting that up but we still have been able to play. we played 2 on 2's this weekend with my frind as goalie we usually can get 3 on 3's if our other friends show u or any other people who wanna play come down next sunday if ur free we play almost all day. im just sayin we play for fun and this past weekend was some awsome games so if u or any one else on the post wants to play just show up. 1pm thru 2 pm everyone gets ther and we start playin hope to see ya guys ther.

frm: ray

Offline Hogwash

• Tourist
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 12:54:42 AM »
Do you guys still play in the winter? I just found this thread and was wondering if you guys are still playing at Hoyt Park.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 02:36:52 AM »
I also came down the last couple of weekends hoping to see someone there but it was only mexicans playing soccer

Offline NYRangers24

• Tourist
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
hey guys,

just moved to astoria, always played ice hockey and I think it would be interesting to play some roller, although I never have. Are you still playing? Any reco's for getting involved? I play ice a lot at chelsea and city ice... so I wouldn't be TERRIBLE... hahah i hope..

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »
Every Sunday at 10am  at the outdoor rink  on 28st and 36ave  they have pickup games going on . Today didnt happen cuz of the snow but next Sunday it should be great .

• Tourist
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 01:57:29 AM »
hey guys dnt kno if anyone is posting on here still me and the fellas are playing tom at hoyt at 12/1 in the afternoon we were there the week before last but didnt play last weekend cause of easter but we will be there tomm we got a goalie and net . if anyone is intresed come on thru we play for fun and been having some good games so if anyones intrested come on down to hoyt park every sunday and if u neeed more info loook at my earlier post or email me at sofaisking88@gmail.com oki hae a good one peace

frm ray

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »
Ray whats up ?  havent seen you guys play in a while now .  Everyone plays at the rink on 28st  between 36th and 37th ave .. Every Sunday morning early .  We have tons of guys and always two goalies .  Let me know .

• Tourist
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
hey everyone again just wanted to update this post our crew of guys have been having some awsome games even in the heat of summer. We now started playing earlier at 10am and get games going by 11am so if anyones intrested were still playing hockey at hoyt park . In other news we now have two goal nets and back up equiptment we have a full time goalie and myself or others will step in to play back up goalie when we have them really big games. IF ANYONE ON HERE IS A GOALIE AND WOULD LIKE TO PLAY YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME ON DOWN ALL ARE WELCOME. for anyoine new seeing this we play at hoyt park in astoria queens , in hoyt park its on 31ave and astoria blvd. its off the N/Q train on the astoria blvd stop. so anyone intrested come by and if you have any questions email me at sofaisking88@gmail.com have a good one

frm ray

Offline tyylleerr31

• Tourist
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »
Hey I know this is an old post but I just moved to Astoria and I am dying to play some hockey. If anyone is interested please email me at tyler.ferst@gmail.com.  I live near Hoyt park so I was just gonna skate over there today with stick n puck and hope for the best. Just moved in so I haven't even been over there yet.

Hope to get some responses and have some people to skate with!

• Tourist
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »
Hello hockey fans been awhile since I posted on here. Just wanted to inform anyone new on here or new to seeing this post that the group of hockey guys and myself have gone back to playing at hoyt park. Right near the entrance to the Astoria Blvd train station across from neptune dinner. We have anywhere from 10 to 12 skaters on a Sunday and have 2 goalies if needed. The surface at hoyt park is alot better now and the surface feels like your skating on ice.
If anyone is interested in some roller hockey pick up games come thru we will be ther every Sunday from 12 til late afternoon. We play a fun, fast, friendly and enjoyable roller hockey games. Hope to see ya there.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life