relax

Author Topic: Small demonstration against cab drivers on Friday  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Debbie

• Senator
Small demonstration against cab drivers on Friday
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
As I drove down 31st Street around 6:30-ish pm on Friday, I heard some folks shouting 'USA, USA'.  As I approached the entrance to the subway, I noticed some people waving a large flag shouting at the cab drivers across the street!  I figured it must be due to the recent demonstrations in the Muslim world and these people decided to target the cab drivers.  Funny thing is that when I had a close look, I recognized the homeless people who hang around Ditmars.  They made up the majority of the demonstrators!  The flag looked brand new, so the mystery is was it a real 'homeless against Muslim cab drivers' demonstration or was this staged by someone?  The reason I was driving around there in the first place was to show an Astoria newcomer the area.  Seeing the toothless wonders out there did not really make a very good impression!

Offline thanos27

• Senator
Re: Small demonstration against cab drivers on Friday
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:24:13 AM »
It was actually a couple of guys that came out of the bar waving the flag  and then the homeless people joined in the chanting USA USA .

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life