relax

Author Topic: Zimmerman Case discussion  (Read 3985 times)

Offline King of Long Island City

• Council Member
Re: Zimmerman Case discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »
Zimmerman's actions in following Martin might warrant a stern "hey, not cool man."  Whereas Martin's actions were criminal.  He was only innocent up to the point that he started beating Zimmerman.

Well, the state of FL, and I, respectfully disagree with you.

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »
Well now Zimmerman is back in jail where he belongs.  Good. I hope he stays in there for a very long time for taking an innocent boy's life.

What a curious and novel definition of innocent.  Zimmerman shot someone who was beating the tar out of him.  How is that fact not operative in your mind?  In any event, I guess you can take solace that Zimmerman is serving at least some time since he will most certainly be acquitted.

Well, the state of FL, and I, respectfully disagree with you.

You are free to disagree, just as Zimmerman will be free to go once this show trial is over.  Clearly the state brought charges because of the activism surrounding the case.  This really does remind me of the Duke Lacrosse case.  A dubious prosecution motivated by political pressure.  That Zimmerman is going to be ultimately acquitted is a testament to our justice system.

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 04:59:59 PM »
This really does remind me of the Duke Lacrosse case.   

The Duke lacrosse case involved a women claiming to be raped, there is no disputing the fact that Trayvon Martin is dead

While ODENHAL doesnt feel that Zimmerman went and stalked Trayvon and wanted to kill him, the fact remains that Zimmerman started this wheel in motion, the police said he didnt need to follow him ,yet he did. How do we know that Zimmerman didnt start pushing Martin around , showin his piece ,we only have Zimmermans side of the story Trayvon Martin will never get to tell his .Doesnt Trayvon Martin have a right to defend himself walking home from the 7-11
Zimmerman should have been charged with manslaughter or the very least criminaly neglegent homicide
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »

The Duke lacrosse case involved a women claiming to be raped, there is no disputing the fact that Trayvon Martin is dead

While ODENHAL doesnt feel that Zimmerman went and stalked Trayvon and wanted to kill him, the fact remains that Zimmerman started this wheel in motion, the police said he didnt need to follow him ,yet he did. How do we know that Zimmerman didnt start pushing Martin around , showin his piece ,we only have Zimmermans side of the story Trayvon Martin will never get to tell his .Doesnt Trayvon Martin have a right to defend himself walking home from the 7-11
Zimmerman should have been charged with manslaughter or the very least criminaly neglegent homicide

I drew the comparison because they are both racially and politically motivated show trials that seem to fly in the face of the facts.  If there was anything to suggest that things went down as described in your hypothetical, I'd be with you.  Trayvon most certainly had the right to defend himself.  But all of the witnesses so far say that Trayvon was the aggressor and that Zimmerman was screaming for help before he shot Trayvon.

The cynic (realist?) in me feels that this case wouldn't have gone so far if not for the racial tensions surrounding the issue and the initial perception that Zimmerman was a "white guy."  Point in fact, the neighborhood was racially mixed (only about 51 percent white, I believe) and Zimmerman had seen groups of young men (of various races), some of whom fit Trayvon's description committing crimes.

There was a rush to try this case in the media and all the talk about Trayvon being shot because he was wearing a hoodie.  Puh-lease.  Most white people own hoodies these days, too.  And of course, Reverend Al and his cohorts ran to the scene to stoke the racial fires.  This was more fun when it was called "Bonfire of the Vanities."

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »
I drew the comparison because they are both racially and politically motivated show trials that seem to fly in the face of the facts.  If there was anything to suggest that things went down as described in your hypothetical, I'd be with you.  Trayvon most certainly had the right to defend himself.  But all of the witnesses so far say that Trayvon was the aggressor and that Zimmerman was screaming for help before he shot Trayvon.

well the case realy depends on the assumtion that as Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle whenTrayvon Martin then attacked , the only person who can say that is Zimmerman , the witnesses didnt see that , only Martin on top after that ,Now if that is true than Trayvon Martin is as culpable in his own death as Zimmerman, but Zimmermans credibility is not sterling
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life