relax

Author Topic: Painting reproductions for art fairs  (Read 1184 times)

Offline astoristani

• Council Member
  • we own all your base
    • NYCee
Painting reproductions for art fairs
« on: April 12, 2012, 10:51:17 PM »
Astorians,
I have a friend who is an excellent painter/illustrator/graphic novelist who is well regarded that really wants to move to NYC  from Minnesota (who wouldn't?). I've been a big fan of her work for almost 15 years now, owning several original oils and illustrations,  and I believe a lot of her work is commercially viable at art fairs and places like Union Square and down on West Broadway.
I think that, while she won't make a living at first with her artwork, she can at least close the rent gap by selling reproductions of her work as other artists do.  I own several decent quality reproductions of  Cassiera's canvases that came matted for around $25 on West Broadway.
Can anyone point me to a printer that specializes this? I would imagine that it is the same type of printer that does the touristy knock-offs being sold Central Park and elsewhere in the City.
Thanks!

Astoristani
I find it so very funny that people here think that they are interacting with my avatar. Do they also believe that they are interacting with pieces of fruit, cats and cartoon characters? Enquiring minds want to know...

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life