relax

Author Topic: Roller hockey  (Read 5475 times)

Offline noahleigh

• Tourist
Roller hockey
« on: March 21, 2012, 05:03:10 PM »
Hi,

I live in Astoria and I want to play roller hockey!  There also happens to be a perfect roller hockey rink two blocks from my house by 28th street and 36th avenue. Reply or send me an email if interested (noah.lipton@gmail.com).

Thanks,
Noah

Offline Minges14

• Citizen
Re: Roller hockey
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
Seems like a good idea, I haven't played in probably 12 years, but if something was put together I'd consider coming out of retirement. 

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:54:33 AM »
I used to play there only like 4-5 yrs ago and even before that but slowly everyone went away and the mexican soccer players took over . Pretty sad  since its a hockey rink , but our players didnt show up .  They used to have league games there too  , such a shame they dont anymore .  If you guys play  let me know and i can get a few guys .

Offline noahleigh

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
Looks like there are a number of guys up for playing. One guy suggested a rink by Whitestone. I don't have a car but it sounds like some other guys do. I'm up for either place, although we might have to play at a weird hour by Dutch Kills as it tends to be busy. If you guys want to send me your email I'll get you in on the other conversation I'm having over email.

Offline Rangers42

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:57 PM »
I'm totally down. I play in an indoor league in Farmingdale, so I just have to see if I still have outdoor wheels. I saw that rink on google maps and was totally curious about it. Anyone know a goalie?

Offline Rangers42

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:08:23 PM »
What's the surface of the rink on 36th ave?

Offline noahleigh

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
Pretty sure the surface is concrete. One of the guys who contacted me said he has full goalie equipment but can't play goal because of his back.

Offline murph

• Activist
    • Kevin Murphy - IT Consultant
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »
if you guys set something up and i'm around, i'll play. i went down there a couple of times a few years ago when i first moved here just to skate and shoot around.

the rink by Whitestone is...err, was good. again this info is 3-4 years old, but there was always a good crew of guys down at that rink for pickup games in the early evenings and on weekends.

anyone playing ice hockey at City Ice in LIC this spring? i have some friends trying to put together a team. i'm already playing on a team for Hockey Long Island, but considering playing at City Ice too, just because it's so freakin' close and convenient.

Offline Rangers42

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »
I would love to play ice hockey in LIC but I think it's expensive, no?

Well I found my other set of wheels, so sign me up. I'd rather stay local but if the consensus is whitestone I'd be down for that too.

Noahleigh I'll send you my email now.

Offline noahleigh

• Tourist
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »
Are people up for meeting this Sunday at Dutch Kills?  Obviously if it rains we won't meet.

Offline Rangers42

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
I can't do Sunday but I can do tomorrow, Saturday.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »
Problem is at Dutch Kills  on any nice day the Mexicans get there at 7am and Volleyball next r out

Offline noahleigh

• Tourist
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »
I can't do today, plus it's raining. I know what u mean about the volleyball. Rink might still b clear. If we show up and they're their maybe can make a deal to take the rink an hour later or something.

Offline brooklyn/queensconnection

• Tourist
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
hey me and my group of friends have been playing roller hockey for the last 6 years in hoyt park under the n train across from neptune dinner in the park and are always looking for new people to play with . we play for fun and have a goalie and a net that needs to get repaired but is possible if we get new people. some of us including myself play on blades some play of foot cause they dnt have sticks but either is welcome we play for fun and to have a good time. we usualy play every sunday at hoyt park at around 1 or 1:30 in the afternoon you will see us on the benches near the handball and basketball court . all are welcome bring ur hockey sticks and skates even if u dnt got skates but have a stick still come email me at sofaisking88@gmail.com if ur intrested or just show up sunday at hoyt park hope to see you ther .

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 02:55:36 AM »
I remember a group that played by Hoyt a couple of years ago but then the skateboarders took over .  They were in their early 20's .    Do you end up with a goalie >?      Ill pass by this Sunday , hope some guys show up cuz back in the days Hoyt was so packed with roller hockey players , we sometimes had 3 linechanges on each team !    WTF happened ???

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life