relax

Author Topic: Hinomaru Ramen on Ditmars  (Read 10156 times)

Offline ibeacco

• Resident
Hinomaru Ramen on Ditmars
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »
Well, they were inspected July 2012 and the only critical violation was food over 41 F which means almost nothing, since it's basically impossible to keep all the food at that temperature all the time.
They shouldn't have being inspected until summer 2013, but they did and they were closed, which to me means that somebody sent the DOH. And when the DOH have to go somewhere because of a call, oh boy, they come with vengeance.
Obviously they had to have some major violation to be shut down completely, but nowadays with this point system implemented by the city I could walk in any restaurant in new york and if not shutting it down, at least give it a B or C and fine them thousand. The system currently in use is deeply flawed since it relies completely on the inspector's judgement and leniency, or lack thereof.
Don't hate, jussain'
Ivan
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Astorians

Hinomaru Ramen on Ditmars
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »

Offline braun

• Senator
Re: Hinomaru Ramen on Ditmars
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
It must have been something bad if somebody called the DOH to inspect

Offline Peter

• Illegal Alien
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 12:02:11 PM »
If you look at Watawa's inspection record, it's pretty common the inspectors come every 6-8 months in Astoria. Nevertheless, Hinomaru must have done something very wrong that would impacts the health of the consumers to be shut down. I wouldn't want to eat there again.

Offline TJT

• Senator
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
By any chance, has Honoo added more Ramen to their menu? :lipsrsealed:

Offline chorus0fone

• Resident
  • Urban City Bike Shelves
    • Urban City Bike Shelves
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »
Hinomaru is so tasty, but one thing really turned me off. Their food really must not be healthy. I took a few of my soups/ramen home because we didnt finish it there and the next day i went to go eat it and noticed after it refrigerated you saw all the fat that hardened in the soup. It was mostly white fat. I mean, i guess that's why it tasted so good. I'm not saying anything about how this connects with them closing, i just figured i'd share. I'll tell ya something though, those happy hour Sapporo's on tap is a beautiful thing.

Offline essen

• Running for Governor
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »
Well, for example, tonkotsu-shoyu ramen is defined as follows on wikipedia: has a thick broth made from boiling pork bones, fat, and collagen over high heat for many hours, which suffuses the broth with a hearty pork flavor and a creamy consistency that rivals milk, melted butter or gravy (depending on the shop).

I tend to think of ramen as being more of a comfort food than a healthy food, especially when pork belly is involved.

Offline braun

• Senator
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2013, 01:20:20 PM »
Well, for example, tonkotsu-shoyu ramen is defined as follows on wikipedia: has a thick broth made from boiling pork bones, fat, and collagen over high heat for many hours, which suffuses the broth with a hearty pork flavor and a creamy consistency that rivals milk, melted butter or gravy (depending on the shop).

I tend to think of ramen as being more of a comfort food than a healthy food, especially when pork belly is involved.

This sounds extremely unhealthy.  I'm glad I never went there

Offline RayG

• Mayor
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »
Sign in windows say "no hot water". THAT would be reason to have it closed down by BOH. Can't properly clean service ware. Boiler fix and a quick call to BOH will get them back open.

Offline SScholder1

• Illegal Alien
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »

This sounds extremely unhealthy.  I'm glad I never went there

Seriously?  You're glad you never went there because you think Ramen is more unhealthy any number of ethnic dishes from around the world?  You ever eat a hamburger or a bagel with cream cheese? 2 Slices of pizza?

Offline Whsprint

• Tourist
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2013, 06:29:25 AM »

Violations recorded in the following area (s), a Notice of Violation issued and establishment ordered closed by the Department of Health at the initial operational cycle inspection conducted on 02/20/2013.

"Critical" violations are displayed in red.

Violation points: 64
Sanitary Violations
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Food worker does not use proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food that will not receive adequate additional heat treatment.
4) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
5) Live roaches present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
6) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
7) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.

[/t]
[/t][/t]

Astorians

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2013, 06:29:25 AM »

Offline braun

• Senator
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2013, 08:00:23 AM »

Seriously?  You're glad you never went there because you think Ramen is more unhealthy any number of ethnic dishes from around the world?  You ever eat a hamburger or a bagel with cream cheese? 2 Slices of pizza?

I very rarely eat the foods that you mentioned

Offline braun

• Senator
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2013, 08:01:10 AM »

Violations recorded in the following area (s), a Notice of Violation issued and establishment ordered closed by the Department of Health at the initial operational cycle inspection conducted on 02/20/2013.

"Critical" violations are displayed in red.

Violation points: 64

Sanitary Violations
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Food worker does not use proper utensil to eliminate bare hand contact with food that will not receive adequate additional heat treatment.
4) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
5) Live roaches present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
6) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
7) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.

[/t]
[/t][/t]

Now I'm really glad I never ate there.  Mice and roaches ugh

Offline Peter

• Illegal Alien
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »
Wow! I don't know what's worst: 6 critical violations and 64 violation points or Hinomaru have the audacity to post a sign say close because of no hot water.

Offline braun

• Senator
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2013, 10:04:36 AM »
Wow! I don't know what's worst: 6 critical violations and 64 violation points or Hinomaru have the audacity to post a sign say close because of no hot water.

I think the fact that they lied and say they closed because of no hot water is worse because they aren't being honest with their customers

Offline C-J

• Senator
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2013, 10:09:17 AM »
Mezzo Mezzo pulled the same stunt when they were shut down by the BOH.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life