relax

Author Topic: The upcoming election - GOP - DEM - OWS - Tea Party and other silly things.  (Read 4859 times)

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
ahhhh....this gave me warm feelings of joy.....From George Wills latest Column.

Republicans may have found their Michael Dukakis, a technocratic Massachusetts governor who takes his bearings from “data” (although there is precious little to support Romney’s idea that in-state college tuition for children of illegal immigrants is a powerful magnet for such immigrants) and who believes elections should be about (in Dukakis’s words) “competence,” not “ideology.” But what would President Romney competently do when not pondering ethanol subsidies that he forthrightly says should stop sometime before “forever”? Has conservatism come so far, surmounting so many obstacles, to settle, at a moment of economic crisis, for this?
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
And the pendulum starts to swing back to the left.  :wink:
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Re: The upcoming election - and other silly things.
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »
Hopefully interesting:

RSVP recommended:

On Wednesday, February 22, the Center for Public Scholarship at the New School presents an inaugural lecture in the Public Voices series by Russ Feingold. Former US Senator (D-WI) Feingold will discuss his new book, While America Sleeps: A Wake-up Call for the Post-9/11 Era,
and former Senator Bob Kerrey will moderate. The event is free and begins at 6:00 PM and will be followed by a reception and book signing.
More information is available at

www.newschool.edu/cps/events

Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life