relax

Author Topic: Four way race for President?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline mangopaco

• Activist
  • mangopaco's chicken nugget
    • Dear Chicken Nugget
Four way race for President?
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:40:40 PM »
Can anyone else see the following happen?

Ron Paul (Lib.) v Mitt Romney (Rep) v Barack Obama (Dem) v Russ Feingold (Green)

Any other combinations that may work?

Offline QMC

• Campaigning for Council
Re: Four way race for President?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »
Can anyone else see the following happen?

Ron Paul (Lib.) v Mitt Romney (Rep) v Barack Obama (Dem) v Russ Feingold (Green)

Any other combinations that may work?

More likely Perry vs. Obama.  Romney is pretty much a placeholder until bloodletting really begins during the primaries.  It's doubtful that Paul make a third party run, and I don't see any liberals actually trying to kneecap Obama.
There is no such thing as a stupid question
There are, however, many inquisitive idiots :)

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Re: Four way?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
More likely Perry vs. Obama.  Romney is pretty much a placeholder until bloodletting really begins during the primaries.  It's doubtful that Paul make a third party run, and I don't see any liberals actually trying to kneecap Obama.

Agree somewhat with QMC. Though Romney still could get the nomination if he survives SC.
The imaginary race is fun as a fantasy. Curious whether Greens would want or take Feingold, who seems to have still quite a future with his party. Take Paul at his word that he is only seeking the GOP nomination.

My dream is still to have Hagel make a run, but likely is too pragmatic and realizes that incredible vast sums of money would be needed to make a real contest. And Bloomberg seems pretty realistic about chances as well.
So we have the primary 2 + all the others. Right now, projections are the next election would be much closer than 2008.
I think Obama would love to have a 3rd candidate in the race to make his chances somewhat better.

How has the summer been?
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life