relax

Author Topic: Ignore option  (Read 2195 times)

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
Ignore option
« on: July 07, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »
Just wondering if there's a way to ignore or block the posts of specific posters. I checked the account settings but didn't see any.  To say not being able to see the posts of certain posters would make my time here much more enjoyable, and I'm sure some posters feel the same about me.
Just wanted to see if it was available and if not it was something that might be added as an option.
kid.murdock
::true friends will always be there::

Offline goldfish boy

• Governor
  • These cookie-shaped objects taste like cookies!
Re: Ignore option
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »
I've asked for this before and merm replied that that would interfere with the kind of conversation he wants to occur on the site.  I would love an ignore option.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
Profile-->Account Settings-->Modify Profile-->Buddies/Ignore List-->Edit Ignore List

I use it, and it helps keep me sane here - not really into reading ridiculous rantings and other stuff that's just rude and clueless. So, it helps.

Offline goldfish boy

• Governor
  • These cookie-shaped objects taste like cookies!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:40:10 PM »
YAY!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mer

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 07:27:36 PM »
Yay, indeed.  We luckily don't have a lot of trolls or sock puppets on this site, but putting the ones we do have on ignore will make this place a better one for me.

Offline AJTNYC

• Global Moderator
  • Running for President
  • Plays well with others...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:09:43 PM »
Profile-->Account Settings-->Modify Profile-->Buddies/Ignore List-->Edit Ignore List

I use it, and it helps keep me sane here - not really into reading ridiculous rantings and other stuff that's just rude and clueless. So, it helps.
Thanks for that megc! 
May the force be with you KidMurdock!  Oh how I wish, how, how, how I wish I could utilize that feature.... :lipsrsealed:

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:10 AM »
Thank you so much for that Meg.
kid.murdock

Offline megc

• President
  • Sea turtles need our help.
    • Harmonious Belly
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 09:34:41 AM »
You're welcome, everyone. When you do put someone on ignore, and then you read a thread that they've posted in, it will show their post placeholder, with the words... something like "you have chosen to block this person. read their post?". So, you have the option to check it out if curiosity gets the best of you. But on the other hand, it doesn't totally make their posts invisible. It works for me and I hope you guys find it compatible with your needs here.

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
While I'm certain I'll have an itch to make that second click and read some of the more absurdist diatribes I'm trying to ignore, it will certainly help.
kid.murdock

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life