relax

Author Topic: Marriage Equality Vote possible this week  (Read 10654 times)

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
Re: Marriage Equality Vote possible this week
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »
So a guy agianst gay adoption did something wrong. If someone in favor does something wrong, does that even it out?

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »
You are lucky that your abnormal ways happen to not involve being gay, lest they result in your being thought of as an abomination by people like you. Are interracial marriages normal, or marriages with a huge age gap, or marriages between people who don't want to have children? Statistically they are not normal, and yet they happen all the time, perfectly legally, and nobody's out there trying to make an actual issue of them to the point where they could be banned. Because nobody cares. It's nobody's business. I agree with you that I don't enjoy having random strangers' sexuality thrown in my face. However, marriage gives committed couples legal rights that unmarried couples don't have, which is a big part of the reason why gay people want to be able to marry their significant others. I'm not sure why a person who's been in a committed relationship with another person of their own gender for years should not be allowed to visit their significant other in the hospital or make medical decisions for them when they cannot. Isn't that cruel? Do you believe homosexuals should be treated with that sort of cruelty?

I look forward to a time when speaking out against same-sex marriage makes a person look just as crazy as someone does when they speak out against interracial marriage nowadays. If your daughter hears about heathers 2 moms or some daddy with a boyfriend, that's a perfect time to educate her about how different people are from one another and that these people shouldn't be judged negatively for these differences when they aren't hurting anyone. I hope you don't teach your daughter to look down on gay people.
You ask a lot of stupid questions, one after another, and think you made a statement.   You talk a lot   a lot of trash talk.   Don't bring up inter racial marriage, it has nothing to do with this.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:28 AM »
Steinway off Broadway.   Southeast side.   In front of big restaurant with air conditioner that blows out cool wet air.  About 5 Pm. this afternoon.    I pass guy doing petition or survey, he had clipboard.  "Interested in signing for gay equality" was his question to me.         Thought it was worth a mention.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »
LOL!  Post of the year.

Thank you, I was also nominated in January for one.   

Offline KidMurdock

• Senator
  • just a dude
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »
Don't bring up inter racial marriage, it has nothing to do with this.

No, that's never been illegal / considered unnatural.
kid.murdock
::true friends will always be there::

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 05:18:32 PM »
  Don't bring up inter racial marriage, it has nothing to do with this.

Ms Loving would disagree with you.

On June 12, 2007, Mildred Loving issued a rare public statement, which commented on same-sex marriage, prepared for delivery on the fortieth anniversary of theLoving v. Virginia decision of the US Supreme Court.[12] The concluding paragraphs of her statement read as follows:
[/color][/size]
Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people's religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people's civil rights.

I am still not a political person, but I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about.[/t]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 07:00:48 PM »
This is kinda cool of the mayor.....

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, who delivered speeches, held fund-raisers and lobbied lawmakers to legalize same-sex marriage in New York, will now punctuate his official advocacy with an unusually personal gesture: by presiding over the marriage of two top City Hall aides at Gracie Mansion."
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline AJTNYC

• Global Moderator
  • Running for President
  • Plays well with others...
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »
You ask a lot of stupid questions, one after another, and think you made a statement.   You talk a lot   a lot of trash talk.   Don't bring up inter racial marriage, it has nothing to do with this.
JoeyC....Joooooooey....you know what I'm going to say don't you?  Essen's questions are not stupid but if you have a problem with her questions then find a way to express your opinion without the the name calling.
AJTNYC - Moderator

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2011, 10:36:05 PM »
JoeyC....Joooooooey....you know what I'm going to say don't you?  Essen's questions are not stupid but if you have a problem with her questions then find a way to express your opinion without the the name calling.
AJTNYC - Moderator

And they're really wonderful people too (and have children).  Just two amazing guys.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »
and it quoted AJ instead of Kempster.  Sorry!  My computer is acting up.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2011, 12:31:04 AM »
This is kinda cool of the mayor.....

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, who delivered speeches, held fund-raisers and lobbied lawmakers to legalize same-sex marriage in New York, will now punctuate his official advocacy with an unusually personal gesture: by presiding over the marriage of two top City Hall aides at Gracie Mansion."

Saw it on news, a head of a department, and a top aide. Yeah, some  oppressed minority.   Just like Black people, ain't it?     Oppressed, huh?

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »

Ms Loving would disagree with you.

On June 12, 2007, Mildred Loving issued a rare public statement, which commented on same-sex marriage, prepared for delivery on the fortieth anniversary of theLoving v. Virginia decision of the US Supreme Court.[12] The concluding paragraphs of her statement read as follows:
[/color][/font]
Surrounded as I am now by wonderful children and grandchildren, not a day goes by that I don't think of Richard and our love, our right to marry, and how much it meant to me to have that freedom to marry the person precious to me, even if others thought he was the "wrong kind of person" for me to marry. I believe all Americans, no matter their race, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry. Government has no business imposing some people's religious beliefs over others. Especially if it denies people's civil rights.

I am still not a political person, but I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about.[/t]

She's wrong.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 12:34:56 AM »

And they're really wonderful people too (and have children).  Just two amazing guys.

Oh, great, they have children.   Those poor kids got a bad deal, I don't care how much money these two make.   Oh wait, they must not make much, although they have high level jobs.  They are like Blacks during Slavery, right?

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2011, 12:35:37 AM »
AJTNYC - Moderator

I found the questions to be stupid, I did not call him stupid.   

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
No, that's never been illegal / considered unnatural.

Thought you sad you were gone?     

Race and sex are two different things. You being gay is not same  someone being Black, or another minority.  And for a fact, Black  people are pissed off about comparison.  Not the panderers of course, ones who are successful and in spotlight, and sell out to political correctness.  The majority though, overwhelmingly pissed about it.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life