relax

Author Topic: where's the nearest good Indian restaurant  (Read 3659 times)

Offline hardcore

• Tourist
where's the nearest good Indian restaurant
« on: September 11, 2004, 04:51:27 PM »
i haven't found any good indian restaurants around ditmars

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 05:58:47 PM »
me either. My girlfriend loves Indian food though so I'd love to know of a place I could take her to.

frozenfroot

Roti Boti
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 07:04:37 PM »
i dont know about indian around ditmars, but there is a smelly, dingy, little hole of a bangladeshi curry joint down on 21st and astoria blvd called roti boti that makes fresh naan all day and night, has veg curries and a roti oven... knows what i mean when i say i like spicy food... coriander, anise, cumin, cloves... a little bit of a walk, but by bike like five minutes. definately worth the trip. oh, and i forgot. CHEAP.

Timarimba

indian food
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 01:39:18 PM »
On 30th Ave there are a couple of places - Gandhi is so-so.. I've had their lunch special and it's alright.  Meghna is awesome though.. it's on 34th street (I think) and 30th ave.. it's actually around the corner from 30th ave.  It's great Indian Food.  Takes them a really long time to cook it though - but well worth the wait.

And also - it's not Indian food, but there's a guy with a cart on Steinway and 34th ave that makes the best Chicken and rice plate ever!

Offline Rapture

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 05:22:20 PM »
There's a thread on Chowhound you might want to check out.  They mention Gandhi and Megna, but also some others:

http://www.chowhound.com/boards/outer/messages/51652.html

rhiz0matic

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 05:14:40 PM »
The indian places in Astoria proper aren't very good, though Roti Boti is decent, especially for the price.  Jackson Heights is a short ride on the 7 away. Take it to 74th and go to the Jackson Diner for the best Indian this side of Bombay.

Offline ladywithpans

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 11:43:06 PM »
I'm surprised there aren't more Indian (or Bangladeshi) restaurants in Astoria.  There used to be more.  But the one I like is Meghna.  Thank you, Timarimba, for offering your well-deserved praise.
Want your name in lights? Change it to Exit --Soupy Sales

Offline FasterThanAShark

• Resident Visa
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 12:56:06 PM »
I love Meghna, too -- I usually order from there every Sunday.  They recently changed their menu, and the order of Chicken Tikka Masala I had last week wasn't quite up to their usually high standards -- I'm hoping ownership and kitchen staff didn't change as well!

Offline ladywithpans

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 02:02:58 PM »
I think the ownership did change--I hope they didn't get rid of the old cook  :(
Want your name in lights? Change it to Exit --Soupy Sales

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life