relax

Author Topic: How about a Fling for Spring???  (Read 2232 times)

Offline FLIRT

• Tourist
How about a Fling for Spring???
« on: May 07, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »
Sign up for the next FLIRT EVENT!!  We will be giving away Mets Tickets at the event!!Wednesday, May 25th @ Marshall 35-03 Broadway AstoriaDemographic for this event: Ladies 24-33; Men 26-35Tickets: $20 

FLIRT Events are speed-dating events with a twist for Astoria/ LIC singles. The events are designed for locals to meet other locals, FLIRT and partay!

Offline Dain Bramage

• Mayor
Re: How about a Fling for Spring???
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:47:47 AM »
AstoriaDemographic for this event: Ladies 24-33; Men 26-35

For this Astoria event??  That's the demographic for ALL your Astoria events.

No love for the old farts I guess.    I'm happily seeing someone, but have to call ageism when I see it!!!    :cheesy:

Offline FLIRT

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »
Hi Dain Bramage,

I am sorry you feel that way and I do love old farts. This is only the second event that I have held with the exception of the launch event of which all were welcomed.  I am just starting up the business and this age group is my base- I know many people in this age range and know where to target them.  When asked by more "mature" singles about doing events for their age groups I have asked where I can target these age groups- I cannot hold events if people don't show up.  I would love to do events for those above the current demographic, however, no one seems to know where to target them.  If you have any ideas I am open to hearing them.  I am also only one person and I work a full-time job so it will take me time to build the business, get more acclimated with running a speed-dating company and building a reputation.  As I continue I would definitely like to do events for the gay population in Astoria/LIC as well as for the more mature however it will take me some time.  I am definitely not practicing ageism and will expand the events in due time.

Thank you!

Offline Dain Bramage

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
I guess you missed the smiley at the end there signifying that I wasn't entirely serious with my post.    I hope my tongue-in-cheek criticism didn't upset you too badly.   It was meant as a joke.   I wish you great success in your business venture!

Offline FLIRT

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »
I wasn't upset at all- but with these things you never can tell if people are serious or not, so I felt obligated to explain myself.  Take care

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life