relax

Author Topic: Really....Paladino?  (Read 9491 times)

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
Re: Really....Paladino?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 01:04:39 AM »
No, the fact is he is being misquoted.  I don't understand cause i'm straight????    I understand perfectly well.  He was misquoted, because he is against gay marriage, and for many, that is one thing they care about in politics.   

Damn it....read the entire speech he was handed by an orthadox jew.....in all honesty, I can't imagine anyone doing that......

But anyway, another part is that we are trying to brainwash you....Joey....to be gay.....can't you agree that is stupid?
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 02:15:07 AM »
""But anyway, another part is that we are trying to brainwash you....Joey....to be gay.....can't you agree that is stupid?""

Now you lost me.  Brainwash me to be gay?   

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 06:07:41 AM »
He never used word 'Dysfunctional."    You should know better than to say that. If you watched all tonight's stories, one covered the remark correctly. It was in prepared written speech handed to Paladino by one of leaders of Jewish group he spoke to. Paladino crossed words out, did not like them, did not use  them. 

He supports all gay rights with one exception: Marriage.    I agree 100% with him. I would add adoption too.     

Rabbi Yehuda Levin is one who wrote speech with word dysfunctional, if anyone cares to check on it.   Be nice if people got their facts straight, instead of hysterically attacking anyone who disagree with them.

I have since seen coverage where he denied having said the dysfunctional remark, though it also appears that the remark was left in the copies of the speech handed out by his own campaign staff to the media, which is how it got picked up.  I find it disturbing that he would allow a group before which he was speaking to prepare his remarks for him - having worked in politics and campaigns for over 20 years, I have never seen that done before - candidates should have their own staff working on remarks and editing their speeches themselves not having their audiences craft their statements.

More disturbing, Paladino clearly stated multiple times in his media response to this speech that children should not be “brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid option."  This, moreso than anything else he has said, tells me all I need to know.  I feel very sorry for his nephew, who he has brought out as an example of him not being a "homophobic" (the word is homophobe, not homophobic).  Paladino clearly does not see LGBTQ people as equal to heterosexuals and feels that our pride celebrations are distasteful, focusing on the "men in speedos" and the "gyrating".  Considering that most of the people in the parade are neither gyrating nor wearing speedos, it seems to me that he's missing the point of the parade - that LGBTQ people come in all shapes and sizes and from all backgrounds, that we are your friends, your family and your neighbors. 

Paladino does not seem to have clearly thought through all the implications of his remarks as he hedges his bets on whether a person "chooses" to be LGBTQ or not.  Despite leaving open the possibility that being gay is not a choice, he uses the words "brainwash" as if people could be "brainwashed" into becoming gay through exposure to gyrating men in speedos.  I, like most gay men, was raised by heterosexuals, in a culture where heterosexual sex and the objectification of women was prevalent in all aspects of our culture, and did not meet any openly gay men until much later in my life.  I think if brainwashing was a possibility, most gay men would turn out straight.

Offline Alison

• Senator
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 11:26:50 PM »
...today on NY1 he says I am 100% in favor of gay rights, just not the right to marry.

I don't think he ever learned what "100%" means. The dude is an absolute clown. I can't wait to vote against him.
What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:10 AM »
So let's recap the interesting gay week of Carl Paladino.

1. Carl Paladino reads a speech given to him by an Orthodox Rabbi that contains anti-gay language.

2. News gets out and people get mad.

3. Carl tries to defend himself by further bashing gays and attacking Cuomo.

4. Carl's gay nephew comes out and says he is pissed at his Uncle.

5. Word gets out that two gay clubs in Buffalo resided in Paladino properties.....including one run by his son William.

6. Carl apologizes.

7. And to top it off....then the Rabbi, who wrote the speech that caused all this uproar, WITHDRAWS HIS ENDORSEMENT!

What a effing week.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:31:42 AM by kempsternyc »
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 01:10:59 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/nyregion/14paladino.html  The rabbi is even worse than Paladino, but at least he's honest  :roll:   The quote in the article regarding his pastrami sandwich is hysterical, but really this whole incident makes me cringe.  The two of them are just awful.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 01:29:27 AM »
So let's recap the interesting gay week of Carl Paladino.

1. Carl Paladino reads a speech given to him by an Orthodox Rabbi that contains anti-gay language.

2. News gets out and people get mad.

3. Carl tries to defend himself by further bashing gays and attacking Cuomo.

4. Carl's gay nephew comes out and says he is pissed at his Uncle.

5. Word gets out that two gay clubs in Buffalo resided in Paladino properties.....including one run by his son William.

6. Carl apologizes.

7. And to top it off....then the Rabbi, who wrote the speech that caused all this uproar, WITHDRAWS HIS ENDORSEMENT!

What a fricking week.

"1. Carl Paladino reads a speech given to him by an Orthodox Rabbi that contains anti-gay language"

He did not read parts that were offensive, he said he disageed with it as lifesytle to teach.

"3. Carl tries to defend himself by further bashing gays and attacking Cuomo""

He bashed behavior at parade, guys grindin gon each ohter and such stuff.  He is right. As for attacking Cuomo, who is he going to attack, Lazio? :-D

"4. Carl's gay nephew comes out and says he is pissed at his Uncle.""

Should be an interesting Thanksgiving dinner at that house this year

""5. Word gets out that two gay clubs in Buffalo resided in Paladino properties.....including one run by his son William."

So what?  Should he have refused to rent to them?   That would have been legit scandal, this is not.

""  Carl apologizes""

Well, that is nice.

I won't comment on the Rabbi, I'll leave that to Rick Sanchez,  he has free time now and should come on here. :killme:

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 01:35:33 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/14/nyregion/14paladino.html  The rabbi is even worse than Paladino, but at least he's honest  :roll:   The quote in the article regarding his pastrami sandwich is hysterical, but really this whole incident makes me cringe.  The two of them are just awful.

Oh, I love this Quote....
“I was in the middle of eating a kosher pastrami sandwich,” Rabbi Levin said. "While I was eating it, they come running and they say, ‘Paladino became gay!’ I said, ‘What?’ And then they showed me the statement. I almost choked on the kosher salami.”

/quote]

How does one choke on a kosher salami.......is that like a circumsized penis???? :angel:

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 01:42:25 AM »
Anyone else notice that the New York Post is going after Paladino since he won?   Thats'  a weird paper to start with, but are they changing politics, or mad Lazio did not get nomination?    I think the New York Republicans have decided to punish Paladino for beating Lazio, who has been prepped for them  for this spot long time.    I don't see Pataki or anyone else helping him out.  Or did I miss it?

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 01:45:34 AM »

"1. Carl Paladino reads a speech given to him by an Orthodox Rabbi that contains anti-gay language"

He did not read parts that were offensive, he said he disageed with it as lifesytle to teach.

He said we were trying to brainwash children.....that's the reason for my asking you if us gays could brainwash you

"3. Carl tries to defend himself by further bashing gays and attacking Cuomo""

He bashed behavior at parade, guys grindin gon each ohter and such stuff.  He is right. As for attacking Cuomo, who is he going to attack, Lazio? :-D
He slammed Cuomo for taking his daughters.....chances are, the politcal groups walking the parade, most likely never saw the floats that have the guys in bikinis...

"4. Carl's gay nephew comes out and says he is pissed at his Uncle.""

Should be an interesting Thanksgiving dinner at that house this year
Agreed

""5. Word gets out that two gay clubs in Buffalo resided in Paladino properties.....including one run by his son William."

So what?  Should he have refused to rent to them?   That would have been legit scandal, this is not.

Not a scandal.....it's Irony.....like when a politician doesn't practice what he preaches....One of my faves is GOPer Foley being a part of a caucus promoting internet safety for children on the internet....while asking interns how big their cocks are.

""  Carl apologizes""

Well, that is nice.

I won't comment on the Rabbi, I'll leave that to Rick Sanchez,  Oh for the love of God....don't sic that asshole on ushe has free time now and should come on here. :killme:

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 01:47:28 AM »
Anyone else notice that the New York Post is going after Paladino since he won?   Thats'  a weird paper to start with, but are they changing politics, or mad Lazio did not get nomination?    I think the New York Republicans have decided to punish Paladino for beating Lazio, who has been prepped for them  for this spot long time.    I don't see Pataki or anyone else helping him out.  Or did I miss it?

Guiliani condemned him........

but point taken on the political establishment......but I've never really thought of the Post as a part ot it....am I wrong?

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 01:48:36 AM »
""Not a scandal.....it's Irony.....like when a politician doesn't practice what he preaches....One of my faves is GOPer Foley being a part of a caucus promoting internet safety for children on the internet....while asking interns how big their cocks are.""

Did he think they raised Roosters?

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 01:50:01 AM »
""Not a scandal.....it's Irony.....like when a politician doesn't practice what he preaches....One of my faves is GOPer Foley being a part of a caucus promoting internet safety for children on the internet....while asking interns how big their cocks are.""

Did he think they raised Roosters?

Oh....he wanted something raised...... :evil: :mrgreen:

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 01:52:45 AM »
Oh....he wanted something raised...... :evil: :mrgreen:

Sounds like he was up to something.  The animal rights people should have been notified.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 02:00:28 AM »

Sounds like he was up to something.  The animal rights people should have been notified.

Damn....then I guess I should be reported.....Those poor cocks.....didn't have a chance.

(my apologies to everyone else who may sphew on their keyboards when they wake up)

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life