relax

Author Topic: Don't Forget to Vote Tomorrow (Tuesday, September 14)  (Read 1719 times)

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Don't Forget to Vote Tomorrow (Tuesday, September 14)
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
We have primaries for Congress (both Democratic and Republican) and for Attorney General (Democrat) and three primaries for Republicans (Governor and both US Senate seats).  EXCITING!!

I'm hoping for Carolyn Maloney and Eric Schneiderman myself!

Offline lanseaux

• Governor
  • Mexico
Re: Don't Forget to Vote Tomorrow (Tuesday, September 14)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
Looks like they won't be using the old lever machines - instead, they'll be using this ballot scanner across NYC.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
  • This bear won't let the snow stop him!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:31:41 AM »
And if you're used to going to vote at P.S.166, don't be bugging the lunch lady there!  You've been moved to the neighboring new Frank Sinatra High School for the Performing Arts.  Yours truly will refrain from his off-key singing while at the polls.
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »
Just finished putting in my votes with the new system - was actually kinda fun!  Felt like high school scanner tests all over again but without the stress (guess cuz it's a primary and I'm not stressed over it.)  We don't have much in this district to vote for, but we do have 3 races - so I voted for Maloney, Schneiderman, and Gail Goode.  Goode was one of those huh candidates I haven't much heard anything about, but decided to give her a chance since I like fresh blood once in awhile.  She's seems alright.  Maloney's not fresh blood but she's been awesome, so no need for a change there.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
  • This bear won't let the snow stop him!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »
I was tallied vote #30 on the scanner at the Frank this morning.  I'm always forgetting which E.D. I'm in, so the first woman looks me up, the next has me sign in the book.  I get a ballot in a privacy shield (manila folder) and a green card.  I get a desktop with a light and a magnifier, quickly fill out the ballot, and I'm done quickly.
As for exterior electioneering, the Saujani people have littered 36th Avenue with paper.  What is it with people who think it's fine to put a staple gun to a fragile tree twice to hold two of their placards?  36th Ave subway stop was littered with their handouts.
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline mjmurphy

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »
I voted this morning at PS 122. Things seemed to be a bit frazzled and I had to take my ballot to another room because the scanner nearest me was busted. Plus, the new voting booths aren't very private--it would be very easy to see how people are voting if it gets crowded there.

Not that I care who knows who I voted for: Eric Schneiderman for Attorney General, Kirsten Gillibrand for Senate, and Carolyn Maloney for Congress!
---
Politics is the art of the possible. Progressivism is the art of expanding what's possible.

Offline Mckenna797

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 02:51:23 PM »
I voted at the Ravenswood community Center , about 12:00 PM was #43 there were only 3 races in my district the new machines are great easy to use, but I wonder how they would do if there was a big turnout

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »
I was tallied vote #30 on the scanner at the Frank this morning.  I'm always forgetting which E.D. I'm in, so the first woman looks me up, the next has me sign in the book.  I get a ballot in a privacy shield (manila folder) and a green card.  I get a desktop with a light and a magnifier, quickly fill out the ballot, and I'm done quickly.
As for exterior electioneering, the Saujani people have littered 36th Avenue with paper.  What is it with people who think it's fine to put a staple gun to a fragile tree twice to hold two of their placards?  36th Ave subway stop was littered with their handouts.

I saw Saujani signs stapled to trees on 35th Avenue as well - really not a good thing for the tree, and they should be putting the signs on stanchions so they don't blow all around, so much littering.  They covered the 36th Avenue subway station with their lit as well - really not something I've seen a campaign do to that level before.  I hope it doesn't catch on.

Offline holyfrjole

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »
I voted over at PS 70 after work -- no crowd at all, quick, and easy.

There were Reshma signs all over near the polling place. Sometimes I think the overkill is enough to turn someone off a candidate.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
First of all.....My polling station at St Joseph on 30th Ave handled things well. My partner and I enjoyed the process and left with a bit of a giggle.....I guess because of the change in machines.

Second, I saw all the Reshma signs....as I was walking away from my polling place....talk about a waste of paper.
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 01:53:21 AM »
glad to see she got trounced.

Offline pineapple

• Senator
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »
Finally, I picked all the winners!

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life