relax

Author Topic: Vote For Real Change Sept. 14 with Dino LaVerghetta and Rick Lazio  (Read 5790 times)

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
Vote For Real Change Sept. 14 with Dino LaVerghetta and Rick Lazio
« on: September 11, 2010, 11:23:05 PM »
Dino is a great guy, who believes in personal Freedom, Homeland Safety and Security and it's about time seats held for 16 years or more by one party and candidate had a real opponent. Read his positions and make up your own mind?

http://www.dinoforcongress.com/

Oh, Yeah, and  vote for Lazio for Gov. Thanks.  :-)

http://lazio.com/

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
Re: Vote For Real Change Sept. 14 with Dino LaVerghetta and Rick Lazio
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:44:36 PM »
Dino is a great guy, who believes in personal Freedom, Homeland Safety and Security and it's about time seats held for 16 years or more by one party and candidate had a real opponent. Read his positions and make up your own mind?

http://www.dinoforcongress.com/

Oh, Yeah, and  vote for Lazio for Gov. Thanks.  :-)

http://lazio.com/

hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahaha

Wait wait wait........

He's kinda cute......maybe if I vote for him he'll......??????

Oh wait.....he's married.....and OMG.....that shot of him and his wife and the pug dog is so UES.

I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:57:02 AM »
evidently, the only three repugs in Astoria neg nodded me. I wear it as a badge of honor.  :evil:

Oh and I pos nodded myself.......is that whorish?........LMAO
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Offline Debbie

• Senator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 06:55:11 AM »
Never liked Rick Lazio and I see he is up to his old dirty tricks with those dumb ass commercials.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
  • This bear won't let the snow stop him!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 10:19:11 AM »
Dino's wife Rose calls Carolyn Maloney, the "Queen of Big Government" on her Facebook page.  I say we threaten to raise this sweet young couple's taxes so they leave the district :)

And OMG, I look up and there's a banner ad for that repug in democrat's clothing, Kathleen Rice. 
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »
I now notice no mention of the Controller's Race.  Why no mention of Harry Wilson?  Is that because Cuomo's going to come out at Noon today and endorse Repub Wilson for Controller??  Wilson had already said he'd endorse Cuomo if the teaslurper from Buffalo Carl Paladillo should get the Repub nod.  My, the soup gets thicker.
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Re: Vote For Change Sept. 14 with Dino and Rick
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »
If folks are going to vote, you have choices.

Controller might not come up yet, because there is no primary there.
But there is one for Lt Gov: Rick's bud v Ognibene

The raising of taxes to encourage folks to leave NYS will likely continue in most cases. And we will see if NY loses another seat in Congress with the new districts after the census.

For something different:
http://nymag.com/print/?/arts/tv/profiles/68086/

things are getting funnier
The Daily Show

I think comedy is harder than what they do. We have to process things in a manner that’s more thoughtful
8-)

Will there be more Dems votes in NY, BK and the rest of NYC than the rest of the state? Will the margins here determine the Dem candidates?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 12:40:03 PM by TRX »
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
I've been fascinated watching the Palladino-Lazio race, really interested in seeing who prevails tomorrow.

Keep in mind Dino has a primary against Ryan Brunberg, so that has to get decided too.  Should be interesting.

Offline Sweeper

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »
Dino's wife Rose calls Carolyn Maloney, the "Queen of Big Government" on her Facebook page.  I say we threaten to raise this sweet young couple's taxes so they leave the district :)

And OMG, I look up and there's a banner ad for that repug in democrat's clothing, Kathleen Rice. 
Reason 1,237,397 that Democrats and Progressives suck.  They are far too comfortable in using the power of government to coerce you to accept their viewpoint.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_insurance_warning

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »
Reason 1,237,397 that Democrats and Progressives suck.  They are far too comfortable in using the power of government to coerce you to accept their viewpoint.

Oh how soon we forget the attacks on those who tried to stop the Iraq war.....UnAmerican was probably the nicest one.

Offline Sweeper

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »
Oh how soon we forget the attacks on those who tried to stop the Iraq war.....UnAmerican was probably the nicest one.

Example please. At least I linked to a recent statement from a current Secretary. I don't remember anyone from the Bush administration theatening to bankrupt people for disagreeing with them.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
Example please. At least I linked to a recent statement from a current Secretary. I don't remember anyone from the Bush administration theatening to bankrupt people for disagreeing with them.

Joe Wilson writes an editorial and his wife is outed........ I don't think you need a link do you?

My point being is that you called out Dems and progressives and I was pointing out that there was huge pushback against those that disagreed with the intelligence etc.

Offline QMC

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 02:37:37 AM »

Are we talking about the normal mainstreamish anti-war types I merely disagree with or the ones claiming Bush MIHOP/LIHOP'd 9/11 to get justification to invade Iraq for Halyburton or whatever? The latter deserved every bit of vitriol they received.

There is no such thing as a stupid question
There are, however, many inquisitive idiots :)

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 03:13:03 AM »
Are we talking about the normal mainstreamish anti-war types I merely disagree with or the ones claiming Bush MIHOP/LIHOP'd 9/11 to get justification to invade Iraq for Halyburton or whatever? The latter deserved every bit of vitriol they received.

I would comment but that would be deemed thread highjacking.

I just read more fully through his Dino's section......and damn, He's for gay rights. And wants to repeal DADT and DOMA......
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:24:58 AM by kempsternyc »

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 03:14:10 AM »

She's probably afraid she will lose her pearls.

(said in complete jest)

BTW, has either Republican campaigned in Astoria?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:25:56 AM by kempsternyc »

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »
I just read more fully through his Dino's section......and damn, He's for gay rights. And wants to repeal DADT and DOMA......

OMG, he's that mythic "progressive Republican" Giuliani keeps referring to.
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline QMC

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
OMG, he's that mythic "progressive Republican" Giuliani keeps referring to.

sort of like the mythic "conservative Democrat."
There is no such thing as a stupid question
There are, however, many inquisitive idiots :)

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »
sort of like the mythic "conservative Democrat."

The blue dog Dems exist. And they are moderate/conservative....and us progressives hate them and hate Rahm for recruiting them.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 12:34:25 AM »
Paladino!  Paladino!  Paladino!
Seems the Repubs have voted for real change - a diaper change!  Putting a totally UNELECTABLE candidate in place means this race won't even approach the mildly interesting stage.  All Andrew "Mr. Excitment" Cuomo will have to do is run those recorded phonecalls with the racist remarks.  Bub-bye, Carl!

And Rickie will have the "Conservative" line.  Watch Carl cut a deal, Yes, a deal to ease Lazio off the ticket.  Slurp the tea;  he's not above it.

Joe Wilson writes an editorial and his wife is outed........ I don't think you need a link do you?
I mistakenly thought that the Repugs kept the same unwritten rule - don't out the hot spy!
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 01:04:24 AM »
Paladino!  Paladino!  Paladino!
Seems the Repubs have voted for real change - a diaper change!  Putting a totally UNELECTABLE candidate in place means this race won't even approach the mildly interesting stage.  All Andrew "Mr. Excitment" Cuomo will have to do is run those recorded phonecalls with the racist remarks.  Bub-bye, Carl!

And Rickie will have the "Conservative" line.  Watch Carl cut a deal, Yes, a deal to ease Lazio off the ticket.  Slurp the tea;  he's not above it.
I mistakenly thought that the Repugs kept the same unwritten rule - don't out the hot spy!

I'm Curious, Why would any rational GOPer want this situation? A man who wants to jail the poor and teach them hygiene. That is your goal.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »
I'm Curious, Why would any rational GOPer want this situation? A man who wants to jail the poor and teach them hygiene. That is your goal.

I guess it beats the 'poor', whatever that means, being out in the street with shopping carts attacking passerbys underneath the EL at Ditmars. I mean Paladino, for all his faults, was correct what the problem was the solutions were way out, but, the staus quo is just as awful. I'm curious as to what 'progressives' see as  a solution to street people? Oh, wait, they released millions of them in the 70's and 80's in NY cause it was 'inhuman' to jail them in instituions? Well, that worked out great.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life