relax

Author Topic: Attorney General  (Read 1826 times)

Offline mjmurphy

• Citizen
Attorney General
« on: September 09, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »
With the Democratic Primaries coming fast, I thought it would be prudent to take a look at the only race our district will vote in that's actually competitive--the race for State Attorney General.

There are 5 Democratic candidates:

Kathleen Rice
Eric Schneiderman
Sean Coffey
Eric Dinallo
Richard Brodsky

Out of these 5 candidates, only the first two have any real chance of winning. And out of those two, I wholeheartedly support State Senator Eric Schneiderman for Attorney General. This is a Democratic Primary and Schneiderman is committed to the principles that define our Party. Kathleen Rice was a Republican for 21 years and never even bothered to vote for 18 of those years. She was passed over for the job of US Attorney for the Eastern District of NY because she was "too politically ambitious." Well I think New York has had enough politicians whose principles take a backseat to the pursuit of power.

I've had the opportunity to speak with State Senator Schneiderman and I was deeply impressed by his grasp of the issues and his ability to articulate progressive American values. Moreover, Schneiderman isn't a useless progressive like Dennis Kucinich--he as a proven record of getting results in our State Senate. He is exactly the kind of individual I want as our state's chief legal officer.
---
Politics is the art of the possible. Progressivism is the art of expanding what's possible.

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Re: Attorney General
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »
Would you be willing to place a bet that Kathleen and Eric place in the top 2?

Fortunately there are many qualified candidates. And I hope we will have an AG that could prosecute elected officials if necessary.
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
They're all good candidates, but I'm hoping for Schneiderman myself.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 12:35:24 AM »
I saw a Coffey ad on TV that gave me a great chuckle.

"It's time to wake up Albany....

It's time for Coffey"

LMAO
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline mjmurphy

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Sean Coffey is claiming Eric Schneiderman is too liberal:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2010/09/sean-coffey-an-eric-schneiderm.html

Sean Coffey gives thousands of dollars to the GOP and now is complaining about an opponent who sticks to Democratic principles. Either Coffey is another Lieberman-esque Blue Dog or he's running from his values. Either way, Coffey is wrong for New York.
---
Politics is the art of the possible. Progressivism is the art of expanding what's possible.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »
I like Coffey, but was disturbed when he endorsed no-good Senator Bill Stachowski for re-election.  Stachowski voted against marriage equality, held up the state budget for FOUR MONTHS (the jerk) and is the top target for the NY League of Conservation Voters due to his terrible record on the environment.  Stach HAS got to go.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 01:05:16 PM »
Kathleen Rice ads are following me ll over the internet........
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 01:49:13 PM »
Kathleen Rice ads are following me ll over the internet........
And they are not negative.
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! â€”Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 03:33:50 AM »
Lemme ask a question 10 hours before I vote......Should I vote for a politician or someone who has prosecutorial experience.

I ask only because I usually have al my ducks in a row a week or two before the election and with the AG race, I still don't at 3am on election day.

well, off to bed and hopeful I will wake up to words of wisdom.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
  • This bear won't let the snow stop him!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:40:24 AM »
And they are not negative.
Yeah, but the TV ads are.  The ones showing Schneiderman in the Senate chamber with ex-Sen. Hiram Monserrate and Senate Majority Leader Pedro Espada, making them all seem as cozy as bedbugs. 
For me, stated party affiliation is not something you can brandish for 10 years in the hamlet of Long Island, then suddenly remove to opportunistically run for statewide office.
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
  • This bear won't let the snow stop him!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »
Click through to Rice's webpage and there, in a YouTube video, is Mad Men actor John Slattery.  We are informed that he and Rice attended school together.  Well, this changes everything.  How could I have thrown my vote away when I could have voted in the tradition of scotch-swilling, tobacco-chewing fictional characters?
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life