relax

Author Topic: Dead Store Walking - Pathmark  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
  • This bear won't let the snow stop him!
Dead Store Walking - Pathmark
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »
I've run this thread before in various flavors - Levitz, El Mundo, etc.  These were all stores you didn't mind locking their doors because the service had gotten abysmal.  So I notice A&P the current owners of Pathmark picked something like 10 stores to close around the tri-state.  So why didn't they pick LIC Pathmark to close?  The people at customer service must think it's already happened.  Tell them the bottle machine bin is full on Labor Day, and the woman comes back saying that machine isn't open today.  Hey, that machine that shouldn't be open was open when I walked past it.

Can't believe I'm saying it.  I hope this Pathmark gets it in the next round of cuts.  Because the staff there doesn't give a ....
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: Dead Store Walking - Pathmark
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:49:09 PM »
I think they've been checked out for a few years, at least from my experience with the store.

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »
How's the near-by Stop & Shop?  I'm not usually over there and I'm thinking of making a special trip.

Offline King of Long Island City

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
I went to that Pathmark twice, and both times it was awful. Went on a Saturday morning both times, not the ideal time, but whatever...and they would have 1 or 2 lines open, that were about 20 carts deep. There were near riots, it was that bad. The prices were pretty good but the service was beyond abysmal. I actually took my discount card off my keychain the second time, and threw it out, and vowed to never go back, and I haven't. The Stop & Shop there is pretty solid. I'm a pretty big fan of Bravo International, however, that's my go to.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 01:56:13 PM »
Now this current week from Pathmark comes a two week circular.  A) it was totally light on sale items.  B) A sad money-saving move.  Now I have no motivation to visit them in week #2.
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 01:27:18 PM »
Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company Said to Consider Filing for Bankruptcy Protection
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-10/a-p-may-file-for-bankruptcy-as-soon-as-weekend-after-151-years-in-business.html
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline Cannibal

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:17:57 AM »
Story in The Star-Ledger saying Ailing A&P to close 32 stores in six states, including at least 16 in N.J.  Seven of those stores closed will be Pathmarks, labeling all these stores as underperforming.
If I can't walk there,
It doesn't exist.

Offline erpotown

• Mayor
  • Hello
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
I've been to Pathmark on Northern Blvd twice about 5 years ago and both times were disgusting. They cut my deli meats and cheeses with the plastic still on and I realized when I made a sandwich that I had to throw them both out. The floors are dirty and the people were rude. I never went back.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life