relax

Author Topic: VALLONE NEEDS TO IMPEACHED  (Read 9607 times)

Offline BRIAN

• Activist
Re: VALLONE NEEDS TO IMPEACHED
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 07:16:56 AM »
IF YOUR NOT GETTING HELP WITH NOISE COMPLAINTS FROM ASTORIA PARK AT NIGHT LIKE MOTORCYLCES /QUALITY OF LIFE PROBLEMS ARE A PAIN IN THE BUTT  PLEASE CALL THE 114PRECINCT COMMUNITY AFFAIRS OFFICE 626-9327 PLEASE LEAVE MESSAGE THE DETECTIVE WILL CALL YOU BACK IN FEW DAYS REMEMBER TO LEAVE COMPLAINT AND YOUR NUMBER ON MESS.SORRY I FORGOT HER NAME AT THIS TIME.

Offline Speebs

• Running for Mayor
  • recidivist transit grinder
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »
Further to QueensCrapper's point, the internet, and our ability to broadcast the truth, IS getting off our asses and doing something about the problem. Whether you like him or not is irrelevant, President Obama did not get elected by just shaking people's hands and reading pretty poetry on camera. He changed the course of history by utilizing the internet as a impactful instrument of change.

I would much rather be riding my bike in a clean park, but instead, I am sacrificing my personal time loggin online to help get people to join in cyber screaming at the top of our lungs, that Vallone if failing his neighbors. Never mind is "constituents". This is a personal insult from our neighbor, the one who is supposed to be helping us, the very one who lives a few blocks away, is not being a fighter for preserving what makes this neighborhood the single best nabe in new york f*ing city, PERIOD. I've been here 13 years and I'll stripped naked in church and covered in doo doo before I allow a man like Vallone to obliterate his home which is MY home. I am far more proud to be an Astoria than his entire family combined, and I'm not even a native.

Nothing changes if you keep your mouth shut.

VALLONE OUT NOW

If he is your neighbor, then why don't you knock on his door and ask him to sit down and have a discussion about your grievances?  I understand that "sacrificing your personal time" to complain on the Internet is a big deal to you, but really, your personal time means nothing to anyone else and the Internet isn't really a good place to get things accomplished.  If you have a problem with him, CALMLY and MATURELY communicate with him in person.  I'm sure you'll get much better results.

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 10:19:49 AM »
Why do either of you think it is within your right to tell another resident what to do or where to live?

It is not mine or anyone else's right to "tell" anyone where to live- but I didn't tell anyone to do anything. My impression is that if someone thinks a place is so terrible and consistently badmouths it, then why the hell should that person stay? If I thought a place was a "ghetto dump" I wouldn't live there and constantly talk crap about it, I'd think the smart thing to do was move somewhere else that I actually liked.

As far as complaining about your politicians, I am all for it. Write letters to him or her. Campaign for or against him or her. What I am taking issue with on this thread is that a lot of people are complaining about things that are not within his realm of control. I don't blame Bush or Obama for the weather. Whether I agree or disagree with his politics, I am fairly certain that Vallone is not trying to "destroy his home". Just like anyone else, I'm sure he wants him and his family to live in a nice place.

I fully support voicing out your opinions to your politicians. Constantly badmouthing Astoria, however, is not anything productive, and yes it irritates me when someone calls my home "a dump". As far as Vallone goes, write him letters, call his office, do whatever- but don't waste his time calling and just telling him that you think Astoria is a sh*thole, because it ties up the line for people with issues that he can do something about.

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 10:21:44 AM »
IF YOUR NOT GETTING HELP WITH NOISE COMPLAINTS FROM ASTORIA PARK AT NIGHT LIKE MOTORCYLCES /QUALITY OF LIFE PROBLEMS ARE A PAIN IN THE BUTT  PLEASE CALL THE 114PRECINCT COMMUNITY AFFAIRS OFFICE 626-9327 PLEASE LEAVE MESSAGE THE DETECTIVE WILL CALL YOU BACK IN FEW DAYS REMEMBER TO LEAVE COMPLAINT AND YOUR NUMBER ON MESS.SORRY I FORGOT HER NAME AT THIS TIME.

Offline mridude

• Mayor
  • THIS is a one bedroom apartment in Astoria?
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 10:53:58 AM »
he tells me if I don't like what is happening to the neighborhood, I can just leave
As I type, the usual roar of motorcycles is right outside the window. Will not miss this when I leave.

A curious question, Christine: Will you be moderating from afar?  :roll:
Definition of a "Junior 1 Bedroom": A Studio Apt. cut in half!

Offline Dain Bramage

• Mayor
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 10:54:20 AM »
I will say that the OP has every right to complain and voice his opinion, and I actually agree on some of his points.

That being said, OP needs to grammar lesson.

Offline mridude

• Mayor
  • THIS is a one bedroom apartment in Astoria?
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
I will say that the OP has every right to complain and voice his opinion, and I actually agree on some of his points.

That being said, OP needs to grammar lesson.

:lol: Umkay...this is getting betterer and betterer...
Definition of a "Junior 1 Bedroom": A Studio Apt. cut in half!

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »
You are involved in politics, maybe that is reason you get response?  If you call annonamously,  and get results, then  would you make some calls for me?  :-)    You could hire yourself out, make good money, ann besides, if you have such a talent, to waste it would be  a shame. 

His office was responsive to me long before I got involved in local politics and I refer people over often, most of whom don't use my name when they call - I've never heard a complaint from any of them.  I'm truly shocked to hear anyone has anything bad to say about Peter's office - they're well known for providing top-rate constituent service.

Offline QueensCrapper

• Resident
    • Queens Crap
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »
In fact, if I recall correctly, he is pretty accurate in his description in that he opposed the power plant. All of the issues you raised in the initial letter (LaGuardia, Riker's, Power Plant, etc.) are state controlled, which means local assembly has little influence in the matters.

While I am not the biggest Vallone supporter, I don't think he should be held responsible for things that are not even in his realm of influence, and I do think he has done some good things for this community.

From the Queens Tribune:

http://www.queenstribune.com/archives/featurearchive/feature99/29/index.html

Clean or not, Astoria Energy cannot go forward with its project until it goes through the city’s ULURP – Uniform Land Use Regulation Review Procedure. Bernice Spitzer, spokeswoman for Peter Vallone said the city has the final word. "It has to go through ULURP or it doesn’t go," she commented.

Now that was Vallone the father, but if it goes through ULURP, then there is something that the council member can do about it.  They obviously didn't.  Oh well, I'm sure he's good at reporting angry looking pit bulls and guys parachuting off buildings.
Sick of overdevelopment?  You can do something about it!  People of Queens, UNITE!

Offline Speebs

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 01:11:23 PM »
From the Queens Tribune:

http://www.queenstribune.com/archives/featurearchive/feature99/29/index.html

Clean or not, Astoria Energy cannot go forward with its project until it goes through the city’s ULURP – Uniform Land Use Regulation Review Procedure. Bernice Spitzer, spokeswoman for Peter Vallone said the city has the final word. "It has to go through ULURP or it doesn’t go," she commented.

Now that was Vallone the father, but if it goes through ULURP, then there is something that the council member can do about it.  They obviously didn't.  Oh well, I'm sure he's good at reporting angry looking pit bulls and guys parachuting off buildings.

I'm confused.  If the project passed the review procedure, what do you want Vallone to do?  He can argue it till he's blue in the face, but if the project is legal and it passes ULURP, it doesn't sound like there is anything he can do.  He's a city council member, not the owner of Astoria.

It's also not really fair to redirect your anger from his father.

Offline QueensCrapper

• Resident
    • Queens Crap
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 01:15:42 PM »
The end of the ULURP process rests with the City Council, and they vote the way the home rule member votes 95% of the time.  The other 5% of the time, the council member makes a deal to vote no so he/she can save face, but doesn't ask the rest of the Council to do the same.  So yeah, there's a lot he could have done.
Sick of overdevelopment?  You can do something about it!  People of Queens, UNITE!

Offline Speebs

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 01:17:16 PM »
The end of the ULURP process rests with the City Council, and they vote the way the home rule member votes 95% of the time.  The other 5% of the time, the council member makes a deal to vote no so he/she can save face, but doesn't ask the rest of the Council to do the same.  So yeah, there's a lot he could have done.

OK... so you're saying that it's a group decision.  Do you have evidence that he voted "yes" or are you just speculating?

Offline QueensCrapper

• Resident
    • Queens Crap
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 01:41:09 PM »
No, I'm saying it's pretty much a unilateral decision and the others go along with it, or else a deal is made and a vote structured in such a way to let him off the hook.  End result is that the local community is the one that got screwed because there's yet another power plant there.

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »
His office was responsive to me long before I got involved in local politics and I refer people over often, most of whom don't use my name when they call - I've never heard a complaint from any of them.  I'm truly shocked to hear anyone has anything bad to say about Peter's office - they're well known for providing top-rate constituent service.
You know I love you, mcdirk, but you are living in your own unrealistic world. His office replies to his political allies and ALWAYS tends to ignore the average Astorian's issues. Neither he nor Sr have ever responded to all the illegal basement fire-trap apartments that literally account for 25% of the local rental real estate market. The problem with the trash accumulation in Astoria Park has been an issue for at least a quarter of a century now. The mere fact that the main telephone of the 114 Pct is not answered promptly has never been addressed; that the Community Officer has never been responsive to the Community's needs; that the late night club noise issues have never been fully addressed and that the Pct Command sets their own goals without allowing any regular folk at their meetings to have any input into what OUR needs actually are. We don't need a funeral for the W where our Councilperson gets to shake hands and kiss babies and smile for the media he invited, we need a Councilperson who is there for his constituents and not treating OUR neighborhood as his personal domain. When did my beloved Astoria become Valloneville without my consent?
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! —Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline BRIAN

• Activist
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »
first i am sorry about having my caps on this morning.2nd please stop calling astoria a ghetto  i work all over the city i will show u a ghetto  east ny   south bronx   brownsville etc   astoria is a great place to live  thats why our population is increasing everyone wants to move here.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life