relax

Author Topic: The Slasher is Back  (Read 1830 times)

Offline mjmurphy

• Citizen
The Slasher is Back
« on: June 11, 2010, 01:40:53 PM »
Hiram Monserrate apparently has petitions out to get on the ballot for AD 39:

http://capitaltonight.com/2010/06/monserrate-circulating-petitions-for-peraltas-old-seat/

I know that's not in Astoria, but I think all of us in Queens have a vested interest in keeping this woman-beating, anti-gay scum out of Queens government.

To review:

On June 8, 2009, Monserrate and Pedro Espada formed a coalition with the Senate Republicans in the famous June Senate Coup resulting in the 2009 Senate Leadership Crisis that deadlocked the government.

On December 2, 2009, Monserrate voted against legislation allowing same-sex marriage, which failed to pass the Senate.

On December 19, 2008, Monserrate was arrested for slashing his girlfriend in the face with a broken drinking glass.

And then there's this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/22/2009-09-22_security_videos_show_queens_pol_hiram_monserrate_dragging_his_bleeding_girlfrien.html#ooid=13Y2Z5OlMPPtwSb4btfIcF-uQYsWY2m6

I strongly urge everyone who can to please support Francisco Moya for AD 39: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/entity/24370
---
Politics is the art of the possible. Progressivism is the art of expanding what's possible.

Offline deaghaidh

• Citizen
    • Deaghaidh Recipes
Re: The Slasher is Back
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »
I couldn't agree more with MJM on this.  If you want to help with petitioning for Moya, please direct message me, and I will connect you with the folks doing that in Jackson Heights.

For those who are active supporters of marriage equality, it should be emphasized that not only did Hiram vote against us, he led everyone to believe he was going to vote for us.   

Additionally, it should be noted that during the election to replace him, in which now Senator Jose Peralta won, Hiram was visiting polling places the day of followed by mobile signs telling folks to vote for him--something against the law (Candidates are limited to how close they can solicit folks at polling places). 

If you are interested in how the folks in Jackson Heights and surrounding areas feel, I encourage you to look at the threads on the Astorians sister board for Jackson Heights, accessible from the bottom of the main Astorians page.

Offline mjmurphy

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »
When Monserrate attempted to win back the Senate seat, he used anti-gay flyers:

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/badash-former-senator-hiram-monserrate-using-anti-gay-tactics
---
Politics is the art of the possible. Progressivism is the art of expanding what's possible.

Offline mjmurphy

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »
Here's the Jackson Heights Life thread about the AD 39 Race:

http://www.jacksonheightslife.com/community/index.php?topic=4363.0

Full disclosure: I was a fan of Bryan Pu-Folkes for this seat. But Bryan clearly saw Monserrate's return coming and had the integrity to stand with Francisco Moya to unite the Party against the Slasher.
---

Offline BRIAN

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
I hope Hiram Monserrate and Pedro Espada AND Rubin Diaz SR  lose there elections and go to jail for what they did last year and i hope Rubin DIAZ SR GOES TO HELL WHERE HE BELONGS

Offline ddanny999

• Activist
  • Residential Evil 4
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »
please on both sides stop the negative talk get those petitions going and the winner will be on primary day sept 14.only the residents of the assembly 36st district lose out with this constict bickering.the public wants clean election with the facts they will vote who best reps them.remember we residents of ny state are sick and tired of whats going on in albany.

I hope Hiram Monserrate and Pedro Espada AND Rubin Diaz SR  lose there elections and go to jail for what they did last year and i hope Rubin DIAZ SR GOES TO HELL WHERE HE BELONGS

In the other political thread you're calling for a levelheaded discussion and in this thread you're calling for someone's head.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »

In the other political thread you're calling for a levelheaded discussion and in this thread you're calling for someone's head.

Considering all that Rubin Diaz has said about gays, I have to agree with Brian on this one. Diaz is about as homophobic as Fred Phelps...but worse because he has the power to act on his homophobia.

Read this article about Diaz was instrumental in Killing GENDA in the State Senate.
http://www.gaycitynews.com/articles/2010/06/11/gay_city_news/news/doc4c107c8b9dd9b473166722.txt
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 12:02:16 AM »
I got Moya's email today - Moyamentum - very cute tagline.  He's going to be a great Assemblymember.  We need to work hard to keep Hiram from coming back.

What Diaz, Sr. did re: GENDA was nothing short of appalling, though expected.  I find it very hard to understand how the two Republican supporters of the bill on the committee could shank us yet again, not exactly profiles in courage or people who have any integrity at all.

Offline BRIAN

• Activist
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 03:50:26 AM »
Danny you are right  the reason i am pissed at these 3 senators is they dont listen to there voters by refusing to vote for marriage equality and what they did to my democractic party to get there way they held us all hostages.DIAZ SR  plays that religious bs in albany but politics and religion should be separate.

Offline QMC

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 10:43:38 PM »
Considering all that Rubin Diaz has said about gays, I have to agree with Brian on this one. Diaz is about as homophobic as Fred Phelps...but worse because he has the power to act on his homophobia.

Phelps is an opportunistic POS.
There is no such thing as a stupid question
There are, however, many inquisitive idiots :)

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life