relax

Author Topic: Queens Pride 2010  (Read 2303 times)

Offline deaghaidh

• Citizen
    • Deaghaidh Recipes
Queens Pride 2010
« on: April 17, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »
SAVE THE DATE - Queens Pride is being held 6 Jun 2010

The Parade is in Jackson Heights and features many members of Astoria's LGBT community.

Out Astoria will be volunteering to work with the parade and festival (get's you in the behind the scenes which is a lot of fun).  Feel free to contact me for details on how to get involved.

Chap
Communications for Out Astoria
Member at Large for Queens Lesbian and Gay Pride Committee

Offline pastor paul

• Resident
Re: Queens Pride 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:13:03 PM »
Chap,
With church services at 10:30 a.m. and usually not finishing til 12 noon, then fellowship and I am finding that I am doing some counselling during that time, I can't come and help out behind the scenes.

But can I be of help in other ways? Be there as a presence?  Later?  Not needing to march or anything, but want to be there.

Thanks
Pastor Paul B Milholland
Trinity Lutheran
The Welcome Place

Offline deaghaidh

• Citizen
    • Deaghaidh Recipes
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »
Dear Pastor Paul,

There will be stuff going on in the festival until 6pm, and plenty of opportunity to be a presence.  I will connect you with one of the organizers of volunteers via Facebook to see if there is anything they would suggest specifically in the afternoon that would be good.  I myself will be coming after the parade because of church commitments with the visitation of Bishop Christopher Senyanjo to St. Luke in the Fields sponsored by Integrity--so I know what ya mean.  I plan on hanging out as a volunteer around the mainstage when I get there, and helping with cleaning up after.

Chap

Offline pastor paul

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:23:08 PM »
Thanks so much Chap. for all your help.  If I DON'T get there at all, it is because my parents are in town - coming back on Friday from Ireland and leave on Monday and I have not seen them in some time.

I'll do better next year. Promise

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life