relax

Author Topic: Political Organizations in Astoria  (Read 1070 times)

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
Political Organizations in Astoria
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:26:13 PM »
To all those willing.

Could you let me know the different organizations here in Astoria and what their focus/goals are and other minutia that may be relevant.

Thanks
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline costa01

• Council Member
Re: Political Organizations in Astoria
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 08:34:11 AM »
Hi Kempsternyc,

Here is the list that I have:

The Powhatan/Pocahontas Democratic Club is located on 41-05 Newtown Road (41st street between 31st and 30 avenue on the corner of Newtown Rd).  We meet the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm.  Our next meeting is on May 4.  Mcdirk and I usually post up the meetings here on astorians.com. 

The Taminent Democratic Club is located on the corner of 33rd Street and 23rd Avenue.  Their meetings are held on the 4th Thursday of every month at 8pm.

The Queens County Young Democrats sometimes meet in Astoria.  We are a borough-wide organization whose focus is to get young people involved in democratic politics.  I will always post here on astorians.com when we are meeting in Astoria.

Democracy for NYC has local linkups throughout NYC.  The meetings are usually on the first Wednesday of every month at 7:30pm  The Astoria linkup hopefully will keep that time/date moving forward as we have moved it around a lot lately.  Once we nail down a permanent location it will be posted here on astorians.com. 

There are a bunch of wonderful civic and issue-based organizations.  Not sure if you consider them "political".  I would be happy to send you this list if you'd like. And if I missed anyone, I apologize in advance. 

Hope this is helpful  :mrgreen:

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
Re: Political Organizations in Astoria
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:51:56 AM »
If you have a list hanging around and handy, I would love it.

And thanks for the info.

I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life