relax

Author Topic: Will the racism, vitriol and nastiness escalate and where will we wind up?  (Read 22737 times)

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
I'm a bit depressed over the escalation of vitriol, hatred, racism around the country.  Members of Congress spat at?  Windows in Democrat Party Headquarters being broken?  'N---' and 'fa--' being shouted at African American and Gay Members of Congress?  Guns brazently touted like they are toys?   A gentleman with Parkinsons being made fun of because he wants better health care?  And before anyone brings up the anti-war demonstrations, I think these tea party gatherings have a completely different feel.  Have a look at those crowds; I have not seen one person who looks ethnic.  What is going on?  Do you think it will get worse and where will it end?  Will there be violence?  Please share your thoughts.

If you mean actor Michael Fox, no one  made fun of him, but, there was a question of not taking meds  for dramatic effects to promote  embryonic stem cell research, not  the current health care bill.

I am always  distressed  and concerned  at vitriol and hatred, like  that coming  from those who just blew  up the Moscow subway last night, or leave our nation to train with those who have done  us harm who supposedly pray to the same God as  Christians and Jews they are trying to kill, but, enough of what's  really going on and let's focus on a manufactured  threat  coming from the media  and  political allies of  this White House and Congress. First, I don't know  who threw bricks through windows, unlike say the WTO  protests where the masked 'demonstrators'  take  responsibility. I do know anti-Obama care bill signers were threatened , one being wished her accident last year had resulted in her death. I do know former  President Bush, VP Cheney were  threatened and so were  Congress folks  for years, who were  following essentially the same  strategy President Obama is  in Afghanistan, difference  is they didn’t publicize it or use it to  go after the demonstrators. There was even an assassination film made about Bush and when anyone complained it was called ’guilt by association’ and ’McCarthyism’ to even question such vitriol’ and hatred, including attacks on Bush’s daughters in the press. These incidents  have been happening for years, coming from the so-called ’anti-war’ side, but, most are not publicized in order to not further inflame the situation.  I had my car vandalized  twice in between 2003-2008, once a sticker  with words ‘Pray For’ was scratched over with ‘F…‘ The  Troops, and my tire slashed, shortly after the war began. After, the 2008 election my car sticker, McCain 2008, was ripped and Obama stickers were all over my car when I came out said  ’Irish For Obama’, I was working the election and this happened near a polling station, which, if caught is a  federal crime. I didn’t call the cops, make a media scene, but, for days after the election, the press focused on incidents that claimed  people getting vandalized  even beaten who were pro-Obama in NYC. There is  no question there is  a  different  feel presented by a  press  that hates  people  like me and more traditional folks,  by focusing on  what they are trying to present. Gun toting ‘whites’  ready for a  ‘race’  war is an old tactic of  all too many on the Left  since the 1960’s  to force through a radical left-wing agenda that gets  the seal of  approval of  Fidel Castro, like our new health care plan just got this week.  I attended a rally with ’tea bag’  representation, and the veterans I attended with were of all colors, we couldn’t hold weapons within the city limits, only cops and criminals can do that in NYC, which is another story, but, several of the folks those who I know well, happen to be ’African’ American. When the media showed a rally of one gun toting, as they love to put it, ’tea bag’ demonstrator, they purposed edited out the fact that several others there were also African American. But, even if there were few people who the press has not called the approved ’minority’, why is it automatically ’racist?’  Why isn’t say, something called the Congressional ’Black’ Caucus  also deemed  ’racist?’ These are questions I never get an answer to except some  comment of the long racist history of the US, as if  the USA, which did not exist and was a colony somehow  invented  it? I still have not seen, in this age of  cell photos and 24/7 news,  any conclusive evidence any of these so-called  ‘racist’  or  ‘homophobic’ incidents  took place.  What I  know about politics  I know from both Left and Right, sadly, in my youth I was a Leftist. I guess it’s why like a former  drinker, I am so  vehemently opposed to their  tactics and know that  the many calls for ‘peace’  and ‘justice’  disguise an agenda of war  and  injustice. The left is  now the establishment  and like  establishment, will present the other side as uneducated  at best and  dangerous  at worst.  In the end there already is violence  to the truth and there has been vitriol and violence in the past  from the side  now claiming to be fearful  of their  fellow  Americans. I wish those  same folks were just as  fearful and alert  to what may soon be happening here, suicide  bombers and  folks with a real dangerous,  agenda  based on a  perversion of a  great religion.

Offline Debbie

• Senator
Do Islamists have to come into every topic and conversation?  Is there one topic where that they can be left out of?

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
  Why isn’t say, something called the Congressional ’Black’ Caucus  also deemed  ’racist?’

I have no more of a problem with this as I do with the Congressional Rural Caucus etc. You really should let go....
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
I have no more of a problem with this as I do with the Congressional Rural Caucus etc. You really should let go....

Well, it goes  against the judging people  on the content of one's  character. I would have no problem with calling it rural, if it's about poor folks, they come in all shades and ethnic backgrounds.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
Do Islamists have to come into every topic and conversation?  Is there one topic where that they can be left out of?

Yes, if we are talking about hate, vitriol that can lead to large scale violence.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator

FZ is right on that, rural people are Black and sometiems Latin also,  and the Congressional Rural Cuacus (which I did not even know about till I read this  :-))     would help all rural areas. 

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
I'm a bit depressed over the escalation of vitriol, hatred, racism around the country.  Members of Congress spat at?  Windows in Democrat Party Headquarters being broken?  'N---' and 'fa--' being shouted at African American and Gay Members of Congress?  Guns brazently touted like they are toys?   A gentleman with Parkinsons being made fun of because he wants better health care?  And before anyone brings up the anti-war demonstrations, I think these tea party gatherings have a completely different feel.  Have a look at those crowds; I have not seen one person who looks ethnic.  What is going on?  Do you think it will get worse and where will it end?  Will there be violence?  Please share your thoughts.

I hate when people cry racism to make a point.   

Offline casicua

• Senator
I hate when people cry racism to make a point.   

Isn't the OP's point about racism?  :?

Offline Debbie

• Senator
Yes, if we are talking about hate, vitriol that can lead to large scale violence.

I was referring to hate and vitriol between people on the left, right and in between, not Islamofacists.  Let's try to stay on topic please.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator

FZ is right on that, rural people are Black and sometiems Latin also,  and the Congressional Rural Cuacus (which I did not even know about till I read this  :-))     would help all rural areas. 

The Caucus represents Farmers and ranchers.
http://www.libertylobby.org/articles/2000/20000402caucus.html
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
I found this article in the NYTs this weekend that I think illustrates what I have been trying to say.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/weekinreview/28carey.html?ref=weekinreview

First off, This part highlights why I feel the way I do.
The risk that angry words themselves will incite violence is higher when they are aimed at a despised minority, or a feuding enemy, if history is any guide. The local press in many towns in the American South in the late 1800s and early 1900s played a role in inciting lynch mobs, for example. Inflammatory, racist propaganda on the radio station RTLM reportedly played a central role in the genocide in Rwanda in 1994, in which extremist Hutus slaughtered rival Tutsis.

However, to illustrate what I believe highlights what Bill is trying to say.

“As long as there is some possibility of getting results by political means, the chances that any group will turn truly radical are small, and maybe vanishingly small,” said Clark McCauley, a professor of psychology at Bryn Mawr College. But if those efforts to engage are thwarted, he said, the equation changes.

I encourage everyone to read this article fully.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
Isn't the OP's point about racism?  :?

That was part of what I was saying.

Offline casicua

• Senator
That was part of what I was saying.

I think that's what I'm asking: Are you angry that she is talking about racism, or are you inferring that she's using racism as leverage for an unrelated point?

Offline AlexNYC

• Senator
If you mean actor Michael Fox, no one  made fun of him, but, there was a question of not taking meds  for dramatic effects to promote  embryonic stem cell research, not  the current health care bill.

Actually Michael J Fox took his meds for the interviews, which often times give him the shakes. It's an involuntary side effect reaction that happens about 50% of the time. If he didn't take his meds, his body would have trouble moving in response to the directions of his brain, and he would troubble with his motors movements or be even unable to walk properly.

Rush Limbaugh is the the "no one" you are referring to. He ridiculed Michael J Fox claiming it was an either act or he was purposely non medicated or under medicated. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpFC9uziVhE&feature=related

If you gets your "facts" from Rush, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
Actually Michael J Fox took his meds for the interviews, which often times give him the shakes. It's an involuntary side effect reaction that happens about 50% of the time. If he didn't take his meds, his body would have trouble moving in response to the directions of his brain, and he would troubble with his motors movements or be even unable to walk properly.

Rush Limbaugh is the the "no one" you are referring to. He ridiculed Michael J Fox claiming it was an either act or he was purposely non medicated or under medicated. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpFC9uziVhE&feature=related

If you gets your "facts" from Rush, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Actually, I didn't initially refer to this incident, it's in the intial  post about racism, vitriol, which, I protest that it is some pantheon of the so-called  right.

Well, I don't get my facts from Rush, You Tube or any one place. You Tube, however, is an edited mess where one can show anything out of context an even worse place to get anything of value. It is great for getting old videos of  defunct great old bands like  Badfinger and Uriah Heep.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life