relax

Author Topic: Red meat  (Read 1727 times)

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Red meat
« on: March 23, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »

http://www.gop.com/firepelosi/

Looks like they are well past 400k

This is in search of a new speaker. As nice as that would be, would the alternative be
Boehner. Yikes. It would be nice to see new leadership on all sides.

http://rothenbergpoliticalreport.blogspot.com/2010/03/for-democrats-this-isnt-simply-another.html

I dont know how much of a bias there.

Obama and the Democratic Congressional leadership have dug themselves into a deep and dangerous political hole, and the only question right now seems to be the severity of the drubbing.

“All of the elements are in place for a disaster like 1994. But it could be even worse.”

Currently Dems have over 250 seats. End of this year, that may be much closer to 200. Thanks in part to a few NY races.

Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
Re: Red meat
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:22:29 AM »

Currently Dems have over 250 seats. End of this year, that may be much closer to 200. Thanks in part to a few NY races

The thing is, for me at least, this bill gives us Dems a reason to go to the polls now. So I don't think it's as big as a threat as it may seem now. I will be interested to see the trends over the next few weeks.

The Rothenberg link listed pollsters I am unfamiliar with. Not saying they are wrong. Just saying I am not sure how much to believe.

And God yes...anyone but Boehner! Unless it's Cantor.  :-o
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:39:40 AM »
Ha! It's up to 1.2 million now. Gotta admit, I'm kinda impressed.

As a correlation. DailyKos and others has raised 1.2 million for Bill Halter to Primary out Sen Blanche Lincoln of Arkansas. All in all should be an interesting November.
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »
Well, People love  free stuff, so  it may be less  of a  landslide, since  Obama-care, now sadly the law of the land, will get benefits  out before  payment is due. Yes, soon we'll be as  'progressive' as Europe and Greece, complete  with riots  for hanging out at cafe's  3/4 of the year.  :wink:   Still, I am glad many Americans have awakened  to what  I and others  have been yelling about for  years.

Offline neo11

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 11:22:12 PM »
Well, People love  free stuff, so  it may be less  of a  landslide, since  Obama-care, now sadly the law of the land, will get benefits  out before  payment is due. Yes, soon we'll be as  'progressive' as Europe and Greece, complete  with riots  for hanging out at cafe's  3/4 of the year.  :wink:   Still, I am glad many Americans have awakened  to what  I and others  have been yelling about for  years.

The "riots" in Greece (which is a part of Europe, no need to add the "and" in your sentence) have been completely overblown and usually flat-out imagined by a media that has nothing better to do than pick on whoever is lowest in the pecking order.  If you really think people in Greece (or anywhere in Europe) sit around in cafes for 3/4 of the year, then think again.  There haven't been riots (and worse) in the US before?  Caught the news about that militia in MI?

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »
The "riots" in Greece (which is a part of Europe, no need to add the "and" in your sentence) have been completely overblown and usually flat-out imagined by a media that has nothing better to do than pick on whoever is lowest in the pecking order.  If you really think people in Greece (or anywhere in Europe) sit around in cafes for 3/4 of the year, then think again.  There haven't been riots (and worse) in the US before?  Caught the news about that militia in MI?

Well, the  Greeks  would argue  they  are  Europe. Molon Lave.  :wink:  It was a great society  once, but, like any society  which starts  to depend on the state it becomes stagnant. Actually, the riots  are just the begining of the realisation of many in Greece and elsewhere  in Europe that  you can't have it all and go on vacation most of the year and I mean that relative  to other industrial nations in Europe and certainly here in the USA. Yes, there have been manufactured  riots here by our media like repeating the edited  Rodney King beating over and over till it happened. Yes, I heard the news and raid and some guy surrendering, was that a riot, must of missed it.

Offline Debbie

• Senator
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 03:20:43 PM »
Well, the  Greeks  would argue  they  are  Europe. Molon Lave.  :wink:  It was a great society  once, but, like any society  which starts  to depend on the state it becomes stagnant. Actually, the riots  are just the begining of the realisation of many in Greece and elsewhere  in Europe that  you can't have it all and go on vacation most of the year and I mean that relative  to other industrial nations in Europe and certainly here in the USA. Yes, there have been manufactured  riots here by our media like repeating the edited  Rodney King beating over and over till it happened. Yes, I heard the news and raid and some guy surrendering, was that a riot, must of missed it.

FZ - I would appreciate it if you can stop referring to Greeks as frappe drinking lazy people.  My relatives in Greece work very hard for a living.  I think you should stop picking on Greeks please unless you would like to begin making this personal again!

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 03:34:39 PM »
FZ - I would appreciate it if you can stop referring to Greeks as frappe drinking lazy people.  My relatives in Greece work very hard for a living.  I think you should stop picking on Greeks please unless you would like to begin making this personal again!

Debbie - When did I say they were frappe..lazy.. wha??  I seem to remember, Debbie, I read somewhere  here you mentioning in the health care threads that  they have all the gadgets and plenty of time to enjoy them? I'm saying, maybe, too much time. It's personal for me as well, hate to see the cradle of democracy having these problems. I think  I was called  a  'dumb@$$' here,somewhere on a thread  about the Moscow bomb blast, like  Dick Cheney, which could be a compliment.  :lol:

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 08:39:43 PM »
 Still, I am glad many Americans have awakened  to what  I and others  have been yelling about for  years.

I would love you to post an example of you personally calling out the Bush Admin for adding 8 trillion dollars to the deficit.

Please please please give me an example of your purity when if comes to fiscal responsibility.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »
I would love you to post an example of you personally calling out the Bush Admin for adding 8 trillion dollars to the deficit.

Please please please give me an example of your purity when if comes to fiscal responsibility.

It wasn't 8 trillion and everyone who knows about how the Govt. operates  knows that it's Congress that controls the purse strings. Remember, they just  voted  for the health care bill, if they didn't, it would have been stopped. It's why it's  called a Democratic Republic. The president can't sign anything if Congress doesn't vote for it. I know, I learned that in the 6th grade.  :-) I will say this, Bush and anyone else could not have stopped the Fannie Mae /Freddie Mac disaster, signed  during the Clinton era. Things don't happen in a vacum.

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 10:25:21 PM »
It wasn't 8 trillion and everyone who knows about how the Govt. operates  knows that it's Congress that controls the purse strings. Remember, they just  voted  for the health care bill, if they didn't, it would have been stopped. It's why it's  called a Democratic Republic. The president can't sign anything if Congress doesn't vote for it. I know, I learned that in the 6th grade.  :-) I will say this, Bush and anyone else could not have stopped the Fannie Mae /Freddie Mac disaster, signed  during the Clinton era. Things don't happen in a vacum.

I'll give you the Clinton era. DADT...DOMA.....the repeal of Glass-Steigal.

However, The Clinton years did result in a surplus.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life