relax

Author Topic: Trouble Posting Avatar  (Read 2810 times)

Offline ddanny999

• Activist
  • Residential Evil 4
Trouble Posting Avatar
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »
I wasn't sure exactly where to post this or to whom.  I have been trying to upload my avatar with no success (I tried both direct uploading and also from a public URL) and it just doesn't seem to work.  My avatar file is 100x100 pixels, jpg format and the file size is 5.72kb.  Any help is appreciated. :-)

Offline daisy

• President
Re: Trouble Posting Avatar
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:41:04 PM »
I'll alert Merm.  Thanks for letting us know!  I'm moving this to Board Announcements and Information.

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Are you getting any specific error message you can report?

Offline ddanny999

• Activist
  • Residential Evil 4
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:23:45 AM »
No, that's just the thing, no error messages or anything that could explain it.

If I select 'I have my own pic;" and I select the avatar, it will appear on the page and then I click the Change Profile button and then nothing.  I see a broken link icon where it the avatar should appear if I look at the summary page in the Picture/Text area.

If I try uploading the file from 'I will upload my own picture', I can select the file and the filename appears next to the Choose File button.  I also see a broken link icon where the avatar should be on the summary page and my posts.

I thought the problem was the avatar itself that maybe it was too big pixel wise or the file size was too big, but comparing the size compared to other avatars on the site, it is well within specs.

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »
Hey Danny, Merm's made some changes to the system.  Do you want to try uploading your avatar again?  Let us know if you're still having problems.  - Daisy (mod)

Offline ddanny999

• Activist
  • Residential Evil 4
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »
Hey Danny, Merm's made some changes to the system.  Do you want to try uploading your avatar again?  Let us know if you're still having problems.  - Daisy (mod)

Thanks Daisy and Merm.  It still doesn't seem to work (I tried uploading the icon and uploading from a public url), but I think I'm getting used to the broken picture icon, a visual soliloquy reflecting my existentialism.

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:11 PM »
I am sorry this took me so long to sort out. I finally believe I have found the source of the problem. If you try to upload your own avatar now it should work.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life