relax

Author Topic: Why?: Astoria repped by Onorato, aligned with Dem. minority (Monserrate, et al)  (Read 6087 times)

Offline round2

• Running for Mayor
How is it that Astoria is represented in the state senate by Onorato, who today has alligned himself with the Democrat subgroup typified by Monserrate and Ruben Diaz, Sr.?  They are the minority of Democrats who voted against Marriage Equality today, along with ALL of the Republicans.

Why is Astoria represented by this person?

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
good question - he's clearly out of touch with his district.

Offline mangopaco

• Activist
  • mangopaco's chicken nugget
    • Dear Chicken Nugget
Time for the man to go. 

Please call him at 518-455-3486, leave a message and let him know how you feel about today's vote. 

I'm ready to rally.  Let's make it happen.

Offline Tracer Bullet

• Activist
Time for the man to go. 

Please call him at 518-455-3486, leave a message and let him know how you feel about today's vote. 

I'm ready to rally.  Let's make it happen.

I called both his Albany and Astoria offices. Albany was very pleasant.

I basically got hung up on when I called the Astoria office. Called back and had a "chat" with the man who answered for a couple minutes.

Onorato has got to go.

Offline round2

• Running for Mayor
I called the number in 518, which I assume is Albany, and in addition to my message, asked for a response.  We'll see if I get that, but more importantly, this district deserve better representation.  Is Onorato all that is available to us?

Offline Mer

• Mayor
When's Onorato's term up again? 

McDirk -  What's the word on the street.  Are there viable candidates out there rearing to challenge Onorato?

Offline AJTNYC

• Global Moderator
  • Running for President
  • Plays well with others...

McDirk -  What's the word on the street.  Are there viable candidates out there rearing to challenge Onorato?

I believe his term ends next year.

Offline BRIAN

• Activist
his term ends 2010  vote him out   after new year you will know whos running.i am so pissed hes out of touch with astoria and LIC

Offline hikaruhana

• Campaigning for Council
    • electric ladyland
I called the Albany office as the debate was going on and spoke with a very friendly lady who took down my address for a response.  So disappointed to be represented by someone who doesn't share my views on this and I was actually relieved to see that other Astorians are so pissed off.  I would like to hear an explanation of why he voted the way he did but from what I read only Diaz spoke when explaining his opposition -- all the other nays were silent.

Offline JoeyC

• Senator
He's not out of touch with communnity, some of you are though. I'll vote him back in along with others who want him back.  He was always suporting gay issues, as soon as he says no to one, he's evil?   

Offline LastStop

• Council Member
He's not out of touch with communnity, some of you are though. I'll vote him back in along with others who want him back.  He was always suporting gay issues, as soon as he says no to one, he's evil?   
Onorato's tenure is now in serious jeopardy.  No more rubber-stamping pols who don't represent the constituency.  As much as some may dislike it, the community has changed during Onorato's tenure: Ethnically, Racially, and Politically.  We're not out of touch, we're under-served and misrepresented.  So let's make certain we all organize to back a candidate who will truly represent ALL of us.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President

I think there are a number of potential candidates and I'd be shocked if one (or more) don't step up.  Should be for an interesting 2010!

Offline kempsternyc

• Senator
  • Me in a bowler hat and nowhere to go.
I think there are a number of potential candidates and I'd be shocked if one (or more) don't step up.  Should be for an interesting 2010!

In all honesty, I'm not as upset as I thought I would be. I think I was prepared for this outcome.

The good part of this is we now know who we need to get out of office.
I love talking about nothing father, it is the only thing I know anything about -

Lord Goring "An Ideal Husband"

Offline PDQ Fruitbat

• Mayor
old, out of touch, entrenched-and-untouchable-because-of-the-old-conservatives-codger.
So very disappointing and embarrasing.
We need a third party candidate. McDirk! Run! Run!

Offline amandax

• Activist

I think you're mistaken here. The demographic of Astoria and LIC has changed and thankfully, there aren't many left who would support such a prejudiced and bigoted policy. I think he'll realize that when he is voted out next year.

Astorians

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life